Toyota Tundra 08 Crewmax - 3 carseats

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I need some help in finding a carseat that will fit in the back of my Toyota Tundra Crewmax between 2 britax marathons. I will be watching my neice for the next few weeks and her carseat does not fit in between, we had tried once before.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a carseat that will fit in between safely?
I really do appreciate any help.

Thank you,

N. :)

ADS

bubbaray

Your best bet is a Radian, though I haven't tried it. I can tell you that we can do 3 across with various seats in DH's 09 Tacoma crew cab (obviously not the same truck, but its smaller so you might have luck with yours). The 3 acrosses that I've made work in his Tacoma have all involved at least 1 Radian in the mix.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
What did you try in between the two Marathons? My husband has a CrewMax and everything fits in that backseat. Are the Marathons installed with the seatbelt or LATCH?

U

Unregistered

Hi ladies, thanks for the response.

Where in Canada can I buy a Radian, not sure if I've seen them in my travels or maybe I haven't ever noticed them before. Thanks for the tip.

I don't remember the name of the carseat, when my sister tells me I'll post it. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, not sure, I'll have to maybe try again before I buy a different carseat. Currently, we have the two marathons installed using the latch and tethers I think. They are in there pretty good. I hate to have to take one of them out and switch things around. I didn't look at the manual yet, but just wondering if you know how we install the middle carseat without using the latch, because there aren't lower latches available for the middle seat when they are both being used by the sides. Does this sound right?

Thanks again! :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You'll use the seatbelt to install. In fact, it may help to try installing your Marathons with the seatbelt, since that will allow you to pull them toward the doors a bit, then you may have enough room to get the current carseat between them.

Wendy

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Yes, do what Wendy suggested and I am sure you can get all three seats to fit.:thumbsup:

Since the LATCH anchors are centered on the seats it can make it harder to get three carseats across the back. But when you install them with the seatbelt you can install them closer to the door leaving you more room in the center. I know you can fit the two Marathons side by side (one outboard and one center) so maybe do that and then it will make installing your nieces seat easier.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the advice Wendy and Danielle.

I guess It fits after all, just had to wiggle it in at a certain angle and it fit nicely in between. I appreciate all the advice and tips you both provided!

Natalie :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC