car seat webinar

lpperry

I just participated in a webinar on car seats. It is offered through Babyage and the speaker is a Britax employee.

The webinar was excellent. The speaker gave great information on best practice and made it clear that children should be rearfacing until reaching the limits to the seat. Also, gave great information and a picture of how to tighten and position the harness. Showed 5 step test for a booster as well.

If anyone wants $10 off a purchase of $100 at Babyage, pm me. I am not going to buy anything.

ADS

hrice

I just participated in a webinar on car seats. It is offered through Babyage and the speaker is a Britax employee.

The webinar was excellent. The speaker gave great information on best practice and made it clear that children should be rearfacing until reaching the limits to the seat. Also, gave great information and a picture of how to tighten and position the harness. Showed 5 step test for a booster as well.

If anyone wants $10 off a purchase of $100 at Babyage, pm me. I am not going to buy anything.

Was the $10 off $100 the "announcement" they were advertising? I missed the webinar.

Kegracin

Was the $10 off $100 the "announcement" they were advertising? I missed the webinar.

Yeah that was the announcement. I was actually kind of disappointed it wasn't all that exciting...Sarah Tilton did do a good job on ERF though.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I was kinda dissapointed too. Sarah Tilton did a good job, but it was just basic good practice carseat usuage. I guess I was expecting more than that.

crunchierthanthou

I was kinda dissapointed too. Sarah Tilton did a good job, but it was just basic good practice carseat usuage. I guess I was expecting more than that.

really? I mean, Sarah's great, but it was a manufacturer rep through a retailer. Even the Safe Kids webinars stick to the basics.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I know, I expect the safe kids ones to stick to the basics. I was hoping she would go more indepth on the new line of Britax seats. Oh, well. It was still good.

lpperry

It wasn't any information that I didn't already know from here. I thought it was very good information for anyone new to car seat safety.

Angela

I was able to watch 1/2 of it and what she went through was great. Definitely more on best practice than I would've expected. :) I'm surprised the 'surprise' wasn't better though. Not that I expected a whole lot, but 10% off, really? But overall I thought the presentation was really good and I thought she did a good job of getting the information out to parents.

livsmum

It wasn't any information that I didn't already know from here. I thought it was very good information for anyone new to car seat safety.

I agree with this.

Good information, but so it should be. It's coming from a carseat manufacturer.

msuarez919

I really enjoyed the webinar. I got some of my questions answered in a follow up email that I've attached (for one, I really wanted to know from Britax why they shortened the shell on the new 70 generation seats). Hope to see more of these webinars being done.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC