Help me shop please :) what seats would you buy

TheQueenMother

Insurance is still refusing to pay for the seats in our suburban. The adjuster now says to buy new seats and send the reciept and he'll reimburse but will not pay for the value of the seats in the car. I'm afraid we are going to be screwed here, but I do need seats that work together.
Dd3 is 6, weighs 63 lbs and rides beautifully in a booster.
Ds1 is three, 35 lbs. He is on the third slots of his radian, marathon, and nauti. The radian xt was in the crash.
Ds2 is 6 months. He will be rfing for at least 2 more years. Currently he is 20 lbs, but he is starting to get mobile and if he follows my other kids pattern, he will be 22-24 lbs at a year. His combi shuttle 33 was in the crash.
The new car is a 2007 expedition. It has l/s belts in every position.
Adding up the cost of the seats i had gave me a total of 500 before tax so I can spend around that.
I have a $100 gc for walmart and would like to use that if possible, adding the rest to it. I don't have to buy everything there but getting one seat there would be great.
What would you buy?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Have you contacted SK regarding their crashed restraint exchange program? Also, what insurance company do you have ?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If I were you, I'd get the promise to reimburse for the seats you buy in writing before you do it. Just, you know, in case...

Sorry I don't have more advice.

TheQueenMother

We have mercury and have not talked to them about our seats as we have tried to go thru the other drivers insurance. They have not even looked at the suburban yet to total it and insisted it be towed to okc before their adjuster could look at it. The radian was unoccupied but crash force cracked the base and I wouldn't have reused anyway. The cover is coated with shards of glass.

DaniChildcare

What about one of these seats

DD
119.99 Parkway (BRU)
45.00 HBTB (Walmart)
49.96 Harmoney (Walmart)

DS2
129.99 MyRide (Walmart)
209.99 CA LX (BRU)
229.99 Radian 65SL - (BRU)

DS1
138.00 Nautilus (Walmart)

The most expensive scenario (Nauti, Radian, Parkway) costs 487.98 before taxes, and of course that doesn't include any discounts or anything for BRU trade ins if you have any to use.

I put Nauti in for DS1 since he has another one, no point in replacing the Radian for him since he seems to be FF?

The Expedition is pretty wide. I would imagine putting the booster in the middle and the RF seat next to it (whichever side that her seat belt would buckle on) and then the nauti on the other side should fit.

I probably wouldn't be inclined to go for the Radian unless space is a real issue. Since your kids seem to be average sized, it doesn't seem that the high RF weight or height is an issue.

I don't know the exact specs on your kids, but i would probably be inclined to go with HBTB, CA, Nauti.

Good luck with your insurance company, and i would also like to echo PP that said to get that they are going to pay for the replacement seats in writing.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do you want your 3yo to be RF or FF?

I would go Monterey for the 6yo, Nautilus (if FF) or CA for 3yo, and either SR325 or Onboard35 for the baby. IIRC, you need a bucket for your sister or SIL, right? If you do the trade-in at BRU, you should be able to get that for under $500.

Alternatively, I might look at the Maestro for your 3yo -- how long do you usually harness your kids? He's a lightweight, so the Maestro might do it.

If you want a convertible for the baby, then I would pick anything off of our 'favorites' list -- MyRide, Complete Air, EFT65.

Is this a three-across situation?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC