MB CRST course . . .

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Since the course in MB was cancelled I thought I would start a thread on this (instead of highjacking another thread :D). I have called MPI to find out info as well as my local fire department which is wanting to do a training day here shortly. So if we can find a instructor then maybe that would be a option for those of us wanting to take the course in MB!? :thumbsup: I am still waiting to hear back from MPI, i'll keep you posted!

So the following quotes are what was being discussed in another thread.
You are so lucky. I was suppose to do my class last weekend but they cancelled it for the second time. So annoying. Good luck.

Where were you going to take the class?

I am taking it in Winnipeg. The guy who was doing the class quit so they cancelled it.

I was supposed to take it with him too! I wasn't able to make it this last weekend but I was going to take it with the firefighters. He cancelled it because he was resigning and said he was going to help me find another course but he isn't returning my emails!? Do you know of anyone else who teaches the course?

ADS

JaRylan

I hope something works out soon. I can ask the instructor that I know if she knows of anyone in Manitoba. I'll also keep you updated on any of the courses in Regina...if it ever ended up working out for you (or anyone else) to come to Regina my spare room is always available.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I talked to our fire department and they are interested in a course being offered here, infact they have a RCMP from another town interested too. So now I am just waiting to hear back from MPI. When I asked to for the person that was going to do the course they said they had to redirect his calls to someone else so I am waiting, I will try calling maybe when it is nap time or later today :)

cdncasper

I was told by Janice at MPI that they are trying to set something up this month. Her phone number is 228-6308. If you find out about the firefighters doing a course please let me know. I have been waiting since Feb and this was the second one cancelled for me.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I was told by Janice at MPI that they are trying to set something up this month. Her phone number is 228-6308. If you find out about the firefighters doing a course please let me know. I have been waiting since Feb and this was the second one cancelled for me.

When I called and asked for Kevin they said they were forwarding his calls to Shawna who is also who they told our fire department to talk to. I called and left a message but she has not gotten back to me. I have been waiting since October to take the course and they keep getting cancelled :rolleyes: That is why I am now trying to get one set up with our fire department. Anyways if you don't mind traveling to Southern MB to take the course you would be more then welcome to join us :thumbsup:

cdncasper

This is the info I got emailed to me after Kevin resigned.
Hi everyone.......

I am Chair of the MB Car Seat Coalition, and also a Child Restraint Systems Instructor. I will try to facilitate your education/certification regarding child restraints. I do need some info from you if you are still interested....

- your name, address, contact phone #
- if you are working....where do you work? This is essential to know, because then the class content would always contain something even more relevant to you. e.g....if you are a paramedic....I would include transportation of children in ambulance; if you work with special needs children, I would include information related to transportation of children with special needs, etc etc.
- would you be willing to take the course in parts (e.g... five 4 hour evening sessions)? Are there specific evenings that would work better for you?

I am open to any suggestions that might helped you get certification. You can contact me through this email address, or through the coalitions email carseatsafet@carseatsafety.ca or... you can call if you like
228-6308

Janice Beckles

I just realized she is from the carseat coalitions and not MPI. Maybe that will help.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay right after I made my last post Shawna from MPI called! She said that they were wanting to have a couple of class' and said they were hoping to do one in Eli at the end of May. I told her I may have some firefighters interested in taking the course and also some RCMP officers and if there were enough people if we could hold the course in Morden and do the Winkler/Morden/Carmen/Altona area. She said this is a possibility, she was going to contact our fire department and get back to me. So at least we are not completely out of a course and it sounds like they are willing to still hold them :D

cdncasper

I would so love to do the course outside of winnipeg if it means getting it sooner. The sooner I can help parents and children than the better.

cdncasper

I just got an email from Shauna saying they are having a course in Elie on May 26 & 27. I am so excited. Anyone else going to this one?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I just got an email from Shauna saying they are having a course in Elie on May 26 & 27. I am so excited. Anyone else going to this one?

I wish I was able to make it but I am away that weekend :( I hope she will be doing another one soon though!

If anyone wants any of the details PM me!

Loves2sing

Totally off topic, but Jewels, where are you from? I know that CndCasper is from manitoba, and I know jaRylan is Regina. Are you from Winnipeg?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC