What are your top 5 choices for infant seats and why?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
1. SafeSeat 1
2. Snugride (with front adjust!)

That's all! I have a top 2 list :D I am in Canada and the only other choices are Peg perego, Evenflo, Cosco and Combi.

Last edited:

R&J'sMom

I've only used the Graco Snugride (my boys are 3 1/2 & 2 1/2) and I loved the seat. If I were to have a baby now, I would defininately try the Graco SafeSeat becaue of the higher weight limit.

Splash

FIVE?!?

Geez, are there even five decent ones?

Graco SafeSeat1- Easy install, long lasting
Baby Trend Latch-Loc- Super easy to install, very adjustable
Chicco KeyFit- Again, easy install. Fits tiny babies well
Graco SnugRide 2- Sucky install, but very safe if you can get it in!
Combi Connection- Easy install once you master it, easy to use, can handle very tall babies (Charlie is just barely too tall for it, and nine pounds over the weight limit!).

lynsgirl

What are your top 5 choices for infant seats and why?

1. Chicco KeyFit - easy to install, easy to use, super light, EPS (or maybe it's EPP?) foam in the shell, deeper sides. I haven't seen the new one coming out yet (supposed to have a 30 lb weight limit), so I hope it has those same features!

2. Graco SafeSeat1 - Easy to install, easy to use, tall shell, EPS foam, higher weight limit

3. BabyTrend LatchLoc22, no longer made/maybe going to be made again? That base is the easiest thing I've ever seen to install :D . And I love the carry handle. The FlexLoc base isn't hard to install, either, and the carrier itself isn't a beast to carry, so that's why I'd keep it on my list. It also has foam in it, along with models that have the harness on a dial-knob instead of sets of harness slots.

4. Graco Snugride - tried and true, at this point. And they've added EPS foam to all of them, at this point, I believe. It's farther down on my list only because it's a shorter shell and it has tipping issues if you install with ALR belts, leading to the possible use of a locking clip.

I don't have 5 for you right now, because I'm woefully behind on all the new seats and haven't been to any checks since last summer. I need to go play with some seats at BRU soon.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Yea we don't have much here we have.. evenflo... evenflo oh and some evenflo lol. We do have the Babytrend one though! Oh and the Safety1st Deluxe lol

Loves2sing

I don't have 5 to list either. I wouldn't send someone out for anything other than a Graco here in Canada. We don't have the greatest options. I had the 29" snugride, and i loved it, but now I would recommend the SS1 to someone looking, and I will use my snugride again for baby #2. I can't justify buying another seat for an extra 3", when I will move the baby into another RF seat anyway. Once jenna hit 10 months she was too heavy to carry, so I left the snugride in the car when we went out anyway.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Graco SafeSeat1 ~ the only I've actually used in my own vehicle : Easy install, fits longest

Baby Trend Latch-Loc & Chicco KeyFit : I *hear* they fit tinier babies better & install well

Britax Companion & Combi Connection : they looked better in NHTSA's testing, but I think they don't install as easily and/or are heavier

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I know I am in the minority here, but I also like the Britax Companion.

I would say, for me:

1) Graco Safe Seat 1
2) Graco Snugride
3) Chicco KeyFit
4) Britax Companion
5) Baby Trend Latch-Loc

lynsgirl

I know I am in the minority here, but I also like the Britax Companion.

I would say, for me:

1) Graco Safe Seat 1
2) Graco Snugride
3) Chicco KeyFit
4) Britax Companion
5) Baby Trend Latch-Loc

I don't hate the Companion :) . In fact, it's the only infant seat I ever used lol (never used an infant seat with the first three and it's the only IS I used w/ds3, who is now RF in a MA). She asked for our top 5 and since I have certain issues w/the Companion :whistle:, it did not make my top 5. I do love the anti-rebound bar, however. I wish that was standard.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
1. Graco SS1 - just can't beat those height limits... I have tall kids:p
2. Chicco Keyfit - haven't seen this IRL, but it looks awesome & fits tiny babies
3. Graco Snugride
4. Peg Perego Primo Viaggio - new '07 models can be used baseless... so this makes my list.
5. This is really hard! Living in Canada seriously only gives me one option that I like/would want to recommend - SS1.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC