do i need the safety 1st onside air?

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Yes u need it! I want one so bad...I'm thinking about grabbing the one at sears for 79 because I like the pattern better than the one at kmart

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The tribute has shorter slot height and 35lb rfing limit correct?:confused:
Not substantially shorter (quarter inch, maybe?), and it's way easier to install RF (at least in my experience, noodles aren't needed, no and obtrusive 'horns' on the foot of the base in the space where the LATCH goes). If the OP knows their child is likely to be a very, very fast gainer (30lb one year old, 40lb 2 year old, for example), I suppose that extra 5lbs for RF might make a difference, but most kids are too tall to RF in either seat at more like 30-35lbs, anyway, so it doesn't matter.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
the tribute sport dosnt say anything about eps..but the regular tribute for 10 bucks more does..is there a difference?

I'd look on the Evenflo site, I think shopping sites leave off a lot of details. As far as I've seen, though, they all have it now (we have the Sport at BRU and it does, the cover is just boring to a fault, lol).

lovemybabies924

from what i take from the website only the deluxe version (w/head pillow and cup holder) has the EPS..but at walmart its only 10 more :)

love-pink

Not to derail this thread, but does the tribute have a continuous harness like the scenera/onside air? Ive never needed noodles to install the scenera and have had very easy installs, but that harness drives me crazy! :rolleyes:

ericarizo

The Scenera does not have a continuous harness. Also you cannot use the top harness slot for RF in the Tribute or Titan So that is where you will lose inches.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I really just love this post with the pictures... It really puts the 'measurements aren't everything' theory into practice... http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=145438 ...Though it would be awfully nice if it were next to a Scenera, maybe that's my next big picture project :whistle:

Yes, I'm almost positive it has a continuous loop harness, just like the Scenera (not sure if we all know what that means, though? It's when the strap is one long one, that goes under the bum area and comes up on the hips, rather than a seat with terminal ends that has two straps that have metal plates under the hip area. It can be maddening when you can't figure out why one strap is longer or shorter than the other, that's for sure).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC