Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Two rear-facing seats in an '03 Civic Coupe and an '08 Civic Sedan

We have a 2.5yo toddler rear-facing in a Graco MyRide65. It fits beautifully in the center of both of our Civics.

We have a second baby due in September and I would prefer to use a convertible seat rather than an infant seat. We actually have a 3rd MyRide65 that my parents purchased and never used, but I can't imagine fitting both of them in either backseat.

Any advice on which seat we should use and where we should place them?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Two rear-facing seats in an '03 Civic Coupe and an '08 Civic Sedan

You could place them both in the outboard seats. Both should fit as the My Ride does not need to be at a 45 degree angle for you 2 1/2 year old. He can be as upright at 30 degrees. The My Ride also fits newborns really well.

However it might be to large at the newborn angle to fit RF behind the passenger or driver to leave enough room. The only way to know would be to try it. They both should fit outboard if you can sit comfortably in the front seat with the My Ride at a newborn angle.

Another seat to consider for the newborn would be the Coccoro. It is a small convertible that fits newborns really well. It also takes up very little amounts of room.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

Thank you, Krista! One more question, if you don't mind: how do I change the angle of the seat? I've read through the manual and cannot find that information anywhere!

Thanks!
    Melissa

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I am not a huge fan of the MyRide in the newer ('06-'11) Civics. It fits, but I am not a huge fan of the way it installs in my car. I find it awkward to use.

The Coccoro is awesome, and fits wonderfully in the newer Civics, but won't last you all that long (just a warning in case you are accustomed to the MyRide and its long "life") because it is smaller than many other convertibles.

The FirstYears TrueFit fits FABULOUSLY outboard in the newer Civics. For itty-bitties, you don't have to have the headrest on it, so it fits, at a full 45-degree recline, behind the driver or passenger seat without any issues. As the baby grows and no longer needs such a deep recline, it installs more upright and the headrest goes on it (NLT 22 pounds).

The Radian fits VERY well in both the center and outboard positions. It installs at a good little-baby angle in the center and installs quite upright in the outboard positions. It rocks.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...