Calling all sitters, nannies and daycare providers!

BabyKaykes

What seats do you have right now? Who are they for?

Since I go in and out of nanny/sitting jobs, I've always kept a few extra seats. But i sold the Nautilus to fund a CCO for the baby and now all I have "extra" is the Avenue. My other seats are the TB in DHs car and the Radian DS rides in regularly.

I think if I go back to childcare after this baby then I'll be tempted to get a Smart Seat for its versatility but for now, I've decided not to get one for my own kids.

ADS

NannyMom

The convertibles I have, were from Sofi's extras :whistle: I have a Complete Air and an EFTA that are extra. For awhile, the 2 stayed installed in my 3rd row and if Sofi had a friend over, they'd ride back there together. There's a 6 year old I would pick up from school sometimes, and she was using a HB Turbo until she decided she wanted to sit in 1 of Sofi's. She now uses the Complete Air, and it's installed 2nd row , and Sofi's friends would use it too. I have a few backless boosters (2 harmony, 1 team tex whatever it is). And I have a SR32 that I traded a MR for. It was easier to install/uninstall than the Titan I'd been using for a friend's baby.

So, HBTB, SR32, a couple convertibles (though I'm trying to sell 1).

Mae

I have ...

Frontier 85 - The 3yo
Radian XTSL - The 3yo (don't really use anymore, we mostly use the FR85)
SS1 Base - The 8mo
Scenera - Spare in my trunk

I usually have the FR85/SS1 both installed, but right now I have the XTSL installed RFing in the center because I had my niece. The "norm" set-up will be going back, as I have the kids this week. :)

I have other seats (TF, RN65 (for sale), GN, etc), but those are loaned out/never used by me. :)

My theory was pretty simple; The RN can be used by any of "my" kids, be it nieces/nephews, or the kids I usually have with me, OR any other "extra" kid. I have the 3yo and 8mo on a regular basis; I rarely have my nieces/nephew/any other kids with me, so I'm pretty set with what I've got.

myliljunebugs

At the moment I'm only babysitting one boy (who turned 4 TODAY!!) and I have a FR85 (Ella) a Radian RF'ing (4 year old, it's pink LOL) and a myriad of boosters. This weekend I will have a friend's kids. An almost 5 year old girl (canNOT be in a booster huh uh) and a RF'ing (in mom's and my car! woot!) 2 year old. We will use the same setup as now except Ella will use a booster and Connor will stay home if we go anywhere (otherwise he would have to be in the front seat which is for emergency purposes only)

Cryssy Jane

I have....
2 FR85s for O and S1
1 rn xtsl for S2 (rf)
1 CA 65lx (currently rf for A)
1 CA 50lx (in my playroom at the moment)
1 CCO (currently rf for L)
1 KF 30 (in my playroom at the moment)
1 SS1 (in my storage unit)

The sad part is... none of the seats want to puzzle the way I need them at the moment... grr.

wavegal

I only watch one little boy but I have a RF TF for him, rf bv70 for my ds, spares I have a lb tb, fr85, and ss1

Aurezalia

I have 2 RN's in my car pretty much 100% of the time. I have a Metro 80SL that I keep in there for V as I still have him several times a month. And, depending on how tomorrow goes, I'll use my Flora XTSL for my new 4-month-old charge. :love:
Like Mae's, the logic is pretty simple. I can use the RN's for virtually any kid who will ride with me at any point.

(I also have 2 TB's and a KF30. The KF is lent out at the moment, and the TB's just aren't in use except very very rarely.)

I own a Rittenhouse SR32 for convenience... it was a sweet deal (Target online return and let's just say I paid $50 for it)

Roundabout 40 (not necessary but I love the install and much prefer it RFing in my car than the 50 for anyone who fits)
Roundabout 50
HB Turbo
NB Turbo

I could survive with just the RA 50 and Turbos, the other two are optionals really.

My "kids" that I transport weekly a some point are:

Shea 10, almost 11 Seatbelt.
Katie 7, almost 8 NB Turbo
Mark 6, HB Turbo
Ryan 4, RA50
(these are one family but I never have more than two at a time. If I do- I have their mom's Suburban)

Preston 9, NB Turbo, HB if we leave the neighborhood.
Olivia 5, almost 6 Turbo for school pick up (one block from home, 10mph speed zone, RA50 if we go anywhere else, she's ok in a booster but for long trips, I'm more comfortable not having to worry so I harness her).
Alexis 22 months, RFing SR32/RA40/RA50

Anna 9, NB Turbo

Olivia (My sis) 2.5, RFing RA50, FF on occasion (my mom turned her at 2 in her car)

WhatAboutPuppy

Hehehe... I am a sitter and on a VERY tight budget so I own one seat.
Graco smart seat.
I install it beforehand to accommodate whatever child... If there's more than one I ask them to leave a seat.

Angela

I have:

1 yr old (3x/week) in a rf RadianXT or a My Ride - one of these seats is always installed in my car.
2-2 yr olds (about once a month or so) one goes in the rf Radian and the other goes in the My Ride rf. I've never had the 1 year old at the same time, so I'm not really sure how I would work that.
4 yr old (about once a month) in DS Frontier 85 and DS sits in his Turbo.

I also have a CCO and a SR35. I guess if I had all the younger girls, I would see if any of them would fit in the CCO rf. My configuration is tight, so I wouldn't be able to borrow a seat from their parents.

babyherder

I sit for and transport on a semi regular basis (when at home):
- 6 and 9 year olds
- 5 and 8 year olds

I have an evenflo right fit (nb booster) and a vivo that I use regularly. I also have a hb TB in Let's Go. Sadly it doesn't fit in my car :(:(:( but I could use it backless if necessary.

cmm7

I always keep the Parkway and the Scenara installed RFing in my car. That works for S who I PCA for and drive most frequently and keeps the booster in case I need to drive her sister as well or the various "oh em gee I am running late and need you to pick ____ up from school today!" calls I get from a few people.

I also have a HB Turbo and Cosco Highrise that are at home for the more planned pick ups. The GN is at home as well but will be in the car soon as I am about to start watching C more frequently again.

So, I have a GN, 3 boosters, and a Scenera.

ConnorsMommy

I'm only working here and there as a babysitter/nanny right now, but have seats to use for kids I care for. All the seats are my son's. I just bought him a Frontier85 so that's what he uses in my car. I also have a Signo G2 (that my son usually uses in my husband's car) to use for any kids that need to be harnessed FF (it doesn't have enough legroom to use for kids RF unless they are small or under 2 years old), and a Marathon 65 that I would use for any RF or FF kids. I almost bought a TurboBooster to use for bigger kids but for now a child could use my son's Frontier and he can still use the Signo or Marathon. I have a ComfortSport in my shed, but never use it. Most kids I care for are under 6 years old, but I may start caring for a 8 year old (and her 4 year old brother) soon so I may need to invest in a booster seat.

honeydew

I take care of 1 19 month old, so I currently have a MR 65 for her, but I'm waiting on a MA 70 to be delivered. On the weekends, I take my niece (2) and nephew (4) for outings, so I have a Maestro for nephew and I use the MR 65 for my niece.

I have a spare Scenera in the closet. Once I get the MA, I'm returning the MR 65 to BRU. I HATE that seat.

emandbri

I'm watching my friend's dd who is the same age and almost the exact same size as Elizabeth 4 1/2 and around 43 lbs. I moved the daisy nautilus from Brian's car to the van and the girls alternate who sits in it and the floral radian. It is getting really annoying not having a seat in Brian's car and I'm going to buy a sweet pea nautilus when it comes out.

DaniChildcare

i have way too many car seats at the moment, and i really need to knock out a few!

Snugride 22
Snugride 32
Classic Roundabout
Classic Marathon
2 Bodyguards
NB TB

I seriously want to get a Smartseat. I will need a new booster soon as the Bodyguards are set to expire later this year (i will miss the slim seat on them!) Also going to part with the Snugride 22 (no point in having it if i have the 32)

So basically i'd like to get rid of half my "collection" and have this:

Snugride 32
SmartSeat
Nautilus
NB TB

I love my RA and will keep it until it expires. Unless i have an infant and toddler, it's extremely rare i have 2 RF'ing at one time, so i'd have the Smartseat and infant seat for those occasions.

Should i need 2 boosters i'd have the Nautilus to convert to a booster, and the NBTB. I think those 4 would be my best bet to have on hand.

MissAllyLou

I nanny for a 7.5 year old, he rides in a Parkway SG, a 6 year old (today!!) who rides in a highback Turbo (it fits his small frame better than the Parkway), and 3.5 year old who rides in a Nautilus. I still have a bunch of other seats, but these are my favorites. I do switch the Radian in FFing if we're going a long distance for the 3 year old, because I like the Safestop for her.

cdncasper

I watch a 13 mth old, 16 mth old and DS is 17 mth old. I currently have:

Marathon- DS
Radian- 16mth
Snugride32-13 mth
Scenera-Spare
NB Turbobooster-Spare
Naked Safeseat-not for use

I kept the booster for the occasional times I have my friends older children. I used it last year when I was transporting the twins from school to daycare (sold the other one)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC