Senior Community Member
I have a free shipping code for Crocs.com

enter promo code spring07 at checkout.
expires 5/31/07

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Fantabulous! THANKS

Leila has a habit of dragging her toes so I'm thinking Crocs would be a great sandal for her, yeah?

southpawboston

funny you bring this up...we just picked up a pair from citysports yesterday!! (same price as online, but if you can't find them locally, that's a great coupon! :thumbsup:)

Michi

Are 'real' Crocs a lot better than the Airwalk version from Payless?
My DD wants a pair SO bad, and I was just wondering is it just 'brand name hype' or are they truly better?

cpsaddict

I have both and the Crocs are more comfortable, but my Crocs were free. My sister got some for graduation and hated them. Lucky me, we wear the same szie and they are PINK! I would get the cheaper ones first because sometimes my feet sweat really bad in them, especially the ones with no holes in them.

Overall, I love my Crocs, but my Airwalks are good, too.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't know about the ones from Payless, but the ones from Target are crap. I love how lightweight they are, but my ds wore his for about 3 days before the strap broke. Granted, he's tough on shoes, but still, I can feel the difference in quality between the Target shoes and real Crocs. I had to buy my dd the Mickey Mouse Crocs because we searched high and low for some that fit her feet (narrow and no one seemed to have smaller toddler sizes for some reason) and they feel like quality shoes.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have Quarks, which are sold at West Marine/Boater's World and love them!! They are better proportioned for women's feet than Crocs. I love them!!!!

Mine are like this, but not the children's size. :)
lowel186032_94335_lg.jpg

Q576357.jpg

supercrunch

I have airwalks and name brand crocs, and I really don't notice a difference in comfort. I actually wear the airwalks more because I got them in black.

Is payless still doing their BOGO sale? If so, it's a great deal. Last time they had the sale I got 1 pair for me, 1 pair for ds, and 2 pairs for dd for about $40with free shipping to the store.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hmmmmm -- Payless is almost an hour away & I'd rather not waste the gas + time in the middle of my finals ... I'm glad the sale code is till the end of May!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We just ordered some for Nolan from www.zappos.com

Free FedEx for both delivery AND returns!!! And you have a year to return them. :thumbsup: We order alot of our shoes from them...

JaRylan

We just ordered some for Nolan from www.zappos.com

Free FedEx for both delivery AND returns!!! And you have a year to return them. :thumbsup: We order alot of our shoes from them...

They have wide kids shoes! Shipping to Canada is $25.:( But if I found something I could have it shipped to the town across the border from my parent's farm. :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Shipping to Canada is $25.

:eek: I can ship it to my parents US address. I LOVE the Patra, but I'm not sure how they would fit IRL. I have narrow feet, so I don't want the shoe to be falling off with every step I walk.

I have been able to try their flip flops IRL and they fit pretty nicely. Does anyone know how the Patra compares to the flip flop style in terms of narrowness?

Here's my favourite...
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-111-4-patr...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Suzibeck

Thanks for posting this! I just may have to buy the pair of Rx Crocs I've been wanting.

I have a pair of Airwalks from Payless and they are pretty comfy. My kids all have Airwalks and they have held up pretty well. I did not like the Target knockoffs when I tried them, or anyone else's for that matter. I tried them at Shoe Carnival, Meijer and probably Wal-Mart. The Payless kind are really pretty good for the price.

wondering1

Crocs are knock-offs of Waldies :)

Blurb from Amazon:
When Walden Kayaks introduced Waldies in the spring of 2001 a new trend in footwear was born along with a new benchmark for comfort and functionality. Kayakers instantly embraced Waldies as the ideal casual paddling footwear. Waldies formulation of feather-light, unsinkable, unstinkable cushy foam in a unique design was the ideal solution for paddlers. Appalachian Trail Hikers began using Waldies for stream crossings and as camp shoes. Ultra light Waldies proved to be so durable and comfortable that hikers from Maine to Georgia started wearing them up and down the Appalachian Trail. In 2005, former Walden Kayaks owner Bill Hearn (a USA Whitewater Team member_ founded a new company dedicated to Waldies and the outdoor enthusiasts who love them. Waldies donates 1% of sales to environmental and conservation causes. Bill has redesigned Waldies with an enhanced high-ventilation hole pattern, contoured heel-strap, and a deeper tread for longer life. Bill also reformulated Waldies proprietary Comfotek foam so that Waldies are the softest, toughest, springiest and most comfy clogs on the market. Waldies is truly the Original, Soft Shoes for The HardCore.

mommy2jana

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet...but since some of you said that your kids wear the Payless Airwalks Crocs - there is a recall - check your shoes!

For Immediate Release Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 654-0697
May 2, 2007 CPSC Recall Hotline (800) 638-2772
Release #07-171 CPSC Media Contact (301) 504-7908

Payless ShoeSource Recalls Children's Clog Shoes Due to Choking Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced voluntary recalls of the following consumer products. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

Name of product: Children's Airwalk® Compel Shoes

Units: About 690,000.

Manufacturer: Payless ShoeSource, Inc., of Topeka, Kansas.

Hazard: Plastic rivets used to attach the strap to the shoe can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

Incidents/Injuries: Payless ShoeSource has received one report of a child who began to choke on a detached rivet. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involved Airwalk® Compel clog shoes sold in prewalk sizes 3 through toddler size 10. The flexible shoes have air ventilation holes on top and side and plastic rivets with the Airwalk® logo attached to the strap. Airwalk® and the shoe size are printed on the sole of the shoe. No other sizes, styles or models are included in this recall.

Sold at: Payless ShoeSource and Pamida stores nationwide and Payless.com from August 2006 through early April 2007 for about $13.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should take the shoes away from young children immediately and return them to the store where purchased for a refund or exchange.

Consumer Contact: For more information, call Payless at (800) 654-0697 between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, and between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Consumers can also visit the firm's Web site at www.payless.com.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bitsy HATES her Target crocs...I bought Karsten's last pair at the grocery store (xxs women's size, navy blue)...we all wear them...I have chocolate and khaki, dh has chocolate, Bitsy has green, Kar has black and blue, and even Leah has purple (from BRU for $4...she doesn't walk yet, so they are just fun to play with on the changing table). All my other sandals and beach shoes just sit alone in the bottom of the closet now. They are like Britaxes...you can't imagine spending so much on the first pair, but then you get addicted and can't go back to 'regular' shoes, lol.

Thanks for the free shipping code!

ThreeBeans

I have a pair of mary jane crocs for me. I LOVE them especially being pregnant...no sore, achy feet, and I can put them on without bending over ;)

I just ordered a pair of kids caymans for my DS :thumbsup:

DD is just about to start walking and I will get a pair of kids mary janes for her when she does :D

thanks!
we love crocs!
i love the payless ones too , i couldnt find regular crocs in black so i got some black airwalks, i cant tell the difference. I get miles the BRU ones because he takes his shoes off in the car so these are easy to just pop on when needed. my daughters picks up alot of dirt though , she wants the pirate ones...ill have to use this code as an excuse for new ones:thumbsup:

Suzibeck

Thanks for the recall info Stephanie! My youngest's fall into the recall, I think. I'm not overly concerned about it given that she is almost 5 and we have no little ones about. No one is likely to choke on the rivet even if it does come out. We may stop by if we are out and about however and see about getting a replacement pair.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC