Evenflo Big Kid vs Big Kid Deluxe??

Mommy2Marcus

So I looked at boosters at Wal-Mart yesterday when I was there. I seen the Evenflo Big Kid & the Big Kid Deluxe. I could not see much difference in them. Neither one of them had any foam in them, but the deluxe's head wings did have a little more padding. Nothing so spectacular to make me think/feel it was worth $30 more. The Big Kid was $29.99 & the Big Kid Deluxe was $59.99.

I liked the looks of them. I also picked it up & shook it to test the back. It stayed on really well. So I am seriously considering this one if it fits Marcus well. So can someone explain the difference to me? Can someone tell me if the Deluxe is really worth an extra $30 over the regular?

Also when looking online I seen a Big Kid, Big Kid LX & a Big Kid Deluxe? They all look pretty much the same to me. I am SO lost in the booster world. LOL!

ETA: I also just weighed him. He is 38lbs. He must have gained some weight on me. Is there another seat I could consider with him being a little bigger than I thought??

ADS

cookie123

I thought that the Deluxe had more padding in the seat when I looked at them at Target. Also, I thought they did have EPS foam in the head wings when I looked. I don't like how shallow the head wings are. Then again, H & B's heads are never in the head wings of the TB's. I don't know why, but they'd have to lay back a bit, and they just don't sit that way.

Mommy2Marcus

I thought that the Deluxe had more padding in the seat when I looked at them at Target. Also, I thought they did have EPS foam in the head wings when I looked. I don't like how shallow the head wings are. Then again, H & B's heads are never in the head wings of the TB's. I don't know why, but they'd have to lay back a bit, and they just don't sit that way.

Thanks. I peeled the cover back on the Big Kid Deluxe at Wal-Mart & it did not have any foam anywhere. It also did not look that much more padded to me either. I will check out the Target ones as well sometime soon to. Maybe the Target ones do have foam, but the Wal-Mart ones did not.

Mommy2Marcus

Deluxe always = EPS foam, so who knows what they've gone and messed with. Argh, Evenflo :p

Well, that just sucks. I will check the ones at Target next time I am out that way. I will also try to remember my camera when I go to Wal-Mart next time so I can take pictures. I was shocked to b/c I felt for $30 more I should be seeing foam.

sirrahn

Yeah I thought the Deluxe one always had foam. I wonder if maybe some Walmart employee thought it was packing material and took it off when they put together the display. That said, I don't think I've ever seen a deluxe at my Walmart. My Target does have them though. GL!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Yup, the lights that take AAA bateries and eat them pretty quick (well, that's when your kid falls asleep with them on so they are wasted). I have a BK Deluxe. It does have more padding and the headwings are actually a good bit deeper than the regular one. My son preferred his BK over his Turbo, said it was more padded and comfortable.

Mine does not have EPS, it's about 4 years old. I think they started putting it in the newer ones.

Mommy2Marcus

Yup, the lights that take AAA bateries and eat them pretty quick (well, that's when your kid falls asleep with them on so they are wasted). I have a BK Deluxe. It does have more padding and the headwings are actually a good bit deeper than the regular one. My son preferred his BK over his Turbo, said it was more padded and comfortable.

Mine does not have EPS, it's about 4 years old. I think they started putting it in the newer ones.

TY! I am going to check them out at Target next time I am over that way. I might have to check them at the one Wal-Mart next to where I will be Tuesday.

It looks like you have smaller kids as well. Can you take a picture of your DD in it for me? Or do you have a picture of your son in it when he was younger? If not I understand. Thanks!

cookie123

I'll check tomorrow when I go to Target. I have to get some groceries anyway. You know how my memory is.:)

cookie123

Okay, the LX - no foam; the DLX has foam in the head rest which is more cushioned in the head area for sure. Hope that helps!!

Mommy2Marcus

Okay, the LX - no foam; the DLX has foam in the head rest which is more cushioned in the head area for sure. Hope that helps!!

That does help. I swore that the Wal-Mart had a LX or regular & a Deluxe or DLX. :scratcheshead: I have no clue. LOL. Thanks for looking for me.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'll see if I can borrow it back from my neighbor to get a pic for you. She got custody of her 6yo nephew and needed a seat so I let her have mine. It may take me too long though.

Mommy2Marcus

I'll see if I can borrow it back from my neighbor to get a pic for you. She got custody of her 6yo nephew and needed a seat so I let her have mine. It may take me too long though.

Thanks. I would love to see pictures if you can get them. If not then no biggie. It will be next weekend after next before I am able to get around to BRU to actually try the seat as that is when I will be at my moms. So if you're able to get them before then, then great, if not, no big deal. I really appreciate the offer.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My coworker just got the one with lights for her kiddo, and she hates it.... the sleep support is nonexistent, and the lights are so bright it's hard to drive at night (it's in the middle of her small sedan), and she makes her kid turn them off, anyway. :twocents:

Mommy2Marcus

My coworker just got the one with lights for her kiddo, and she hates it.... the sleep support is nonexistent, and the lights are so bright it's hard to drive at night (it's in the middle of her small sedan), and she makes her kid turn them off, anyway. :twocents:

I am not to terribly worried about the lights. This will only be for my MIL's car. She only has him during the day. They also never really go anywhere that he would fall asleep for. It is so rare for him to sleep in the car anyhow.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, then just make sure the lapbelt fits low enough, it really has a tendency to not fit little kids well. I'd probably just fork out a little more and get the Compass B570, if you don't like the Turbo. (But if the BK works for you, that's great, It's just probably my least favorite booster due to the lame headwings and the fact that my kids rarely complain about seats, but they was one of their least favorites, lol).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC