wwyd?

mommyfrog

I'll try to make it short!! My almost 6 year old is in a Regent. She is tipping 50 pounds and is in the middle of the third row in a '94 Suburban, no tether. She just moved to the top slots. I thought about getting ds a new Radian and giving her the pink one back but she is right below the top slot and it's an XT so the wings will be in the way soon. She has to be in that position. Here's what I have. Front passenger-16yo. 2nd row-7yo in booster (behind driver), 2yo rf RadianXT, 15yo. 3rd row-12yo, 5yo in Regent, 10yo. My 7 yo was in a Regent but there is no tt and he is about 53-55 pounds. He does great in his booster but can't buckle it!! Anyway, what is narrower and wouldn't NEED a tt for her? I know almost anything is narrower than a Regent. The two other kids back there appreciate the extra room they have with a borrowed Radian back there we've been using the past couple of days!!

ADS

Louisa

CPST Instructor
i would look in to having a tether installed for her and the 5 yo (i'm having an ez-on put on the outboard of my minivan)
or
booster if she is ready
or
buy a non xt radian, even a 65, use it for your 6 yo now, then when she boosters give it to your 5 yo

those are my sugestions, in that order :)

mommyfrog

Sorry, I said almost 6. That's the same kiddo who is 5, turning 6 in two weeks. As far as I have been able to find out, there is supposed to be a tt retrofit for the middle position, but other people have not been able to get it. I have to harness her. There are two lap belts and two kids who are still small enough to be harnesses and go in them. Every seat belt is filled. When I only have her and the two year old, I have her sit in the booster behind me. The tt for the third row outboard positions are the back cargo hooks. For the middle there is supposed to be a strap that goes from one to the other with a metal tether ring in the middle. If I could find one, I'd do that, even though that would really be a pain as far as cargo room for the stroller or anything. So far, no luck. But I'm interested in learning more about the ez-on tt. Could you tell me more about that? Thanks.

Kat_Momof3

go to ezonpro.com they have info on the 86-Y, which can be used with a booster up until a certain weight, then by itself up to a certain weight (over 100lbs)... and the tether anchors that can be gotten and retrofitted.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You will have to check the position to see if you can put a tether in. You may may to switch her and the 2 year old. Just gotta check under the vehicle.

DaniChildcare

I'm going to hijack your thread a little and ask a question.

What do you do in the long run in this type of situation? Harnessing isn't always going to be an option, so what works in the long run short of buying a new vehicle?

btw the 86-Y goes up to 168lbs with the installation of the EZ-On tether. (that's what i would do too, but i just wanted to borrow your thread to ask my other curiosity question!)

mommyfrog

Hopefully we'll get a new van by then, because I really don't know what to do after she is too big to harness. I'll look into the ez-on. I'd have to get the two year old a different seat to rf in or ff him if I switched them. The Radian sticks up over the seat if it's rfing in the third row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC