Scenera vs Onside Air

love-pink

Would you pay $75 for the Onside Air vs $35 for a 40lb rfing Scenera?

Is the Onside Air cover more padded? Nicer? Is the shell thicker??

How ofter do the Sceneras seem to go on sale at Target for $35?

I have a friend that cant decide which on to go with. It will be an everyday seat for her dd in her husbands truck. She will pay more for the Onside Air if its worth it :) If its not shed love to score a Scenera for $35. :thumbsup:

ADS

NannyMom

When I saw the Onside Air at BRU, I wasn't very impressed. The air cushions are REALLY thin, not big like the Complete Air. :twocents:

The onside air cover is just a touch more padded but the shell itself has foam. The scenera is just shell & material.

So it really just depends on if the foam is important to her. Kmart puts the Sceneras on sale frequently so she should just keep her eyes peeled. Is Kmart carrying the 40RF Scenera now? Awesome.

ETA: I feel so bad for the mom of that blog. She tried to be helpful & instead was insulted by a few & then pummeled to death about getting her seat checked. I think just a couple posts about getting it checked would've been sufficient.

Last edited:

NannyMom

The onside air cover is just a touch more padded but the shell itself has foam. The scenera is just shell & material.

So it really just depends on if the foam is important to her. Kmart puts the Sceneras on sale frequently so she should just keep her eyes peeled. Is Kmart carrying the 40RF Scenera now? Awesome.

The Onside Air's shell has what foam? Not EPS/EPP foam. It has a thin layer of the foam in the CA headwings.

As far as I know, Target still has the only Scenera 40RF. When did they get it, it was supposed to be 6 months, then to other stores. I don't think they lower their price to $35 often at Target.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I personally like the onside air better, you can see a side by side comparison at walmart I will try to snap some pics if I go there later. I just think it looks more comfortable

love-pink

Ah yes the momma with the "great install" lol. I did read that post :rolleyes: Im not sure if Kmart has the 40lb Scenera or not. Df likes the bright pink cover that Target offers. Does anyone have the Onside air?? Ive never actually seen one. I thought I had read somewhere that it dosent have eps foam, but Ive read so many carseat reviews I cant remember right lol.

lovemybabies924

Holy misuse Batman! I sincerely hope she took the commenters' advice and got her seat checked but since there is no follow up on this I am guessing she didn't. She seems like she is a good mom that genuinely wants to keep her child safe but that install is not going to accomplish that.

ya love the towels huh? haha i just wanted her to see that they said it was soft...thats it! haha

I swore when I pulled the cover off of one at kmart that it had a small amount of foam. It's quite possible then that I'm thinking of a different seat. Ya know what, I have to run to the PO for DH, I'll take my camera w/ me & hit the target, walmart, kmart by me (whichever I find has both first) & take pics for ya.

love-pink

Pics would be awsome!! :D:D Maybe your thinking of the avenue? I think the avenue has foam, but I could be wrong.

Kat_Momof3

okay... next week, when I go to walmart, I will be taking my camera and a tape measure (I went yesterday, but was pressed for time as I was doing that before I went to Jeffrey's ceremony for citizen of the month.

I found out the Air booster has foam for behind the head, in addition to the air pillows, so I want to pull back the cover and see if the onside air is the same... and I want to see measurments to compare to scenera ones.

When I saw it, it looked taller and deeper than the scenera.

ETA - hey, maybe have her go online (target now has this feature, too) to see what stores near her (walmart/target) have the onside air and which ones (target) have the scenera 40 in stock... she can go feel them and see which she thinks she prefers.

Spam

Meijer has the onside air, but with trade in thing going on at brus she could get an onside for about $60. I personally don't care for it, it is just a lil step up from the scenera. I tried A in the onside and he fit the same as he did in the scenera. He's outgrown both.

BabyKaykes

The Avenue is $60 at AlbeeBaby right now. I'd call it a happy medium.

I liked my Scenera for a little bit. But we live where we do a TON of driving, so I wanted something a little more comfy for him. It did what I needed it to do, when I needed it to do it. :)

As for the Onside Air: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1377262#post1377262

It was ok. I didn't like how tight it was over DS's thighs. Granted, he was over the max weight at the time, but the crotch strap was SUPER short. Too short.

Ok, I managed to get a few pics & they are great. My Kmart has their seats bolted to the shelf so trying to pry the cover off the OA was a PITA. I finally had to have tall sales associate help me. He was nice but sirely had that look on his face like I was crazy.

I'll post the pics in a few as soon as I upload them & them load to PB.

ETA:

Ok, so I couldn't get any SBS shots as they had 2 other seats between the OA & the Scenera.

The cover pulled down on the OA (ty Kmart guy for helping). You can see the "foam" I was talking about. It's not the EPS or anything, it's just their "air foam" stuff or whatever they call surrounded in a sort of plastic bag.

DSCF0357.jpg

The front bottom of the OA w/ the cover pulled off. You can clearly see here that it's just a Scenera shell. It even has the holes for the elastic loops on the Scenera cover (I do wish they'd make the Scenera cover just wrap around like the OA).

DSCF0355.jpg

The bottom of the Scenera.

DSCF0356.jpg

And, my Kmart has the Scenera 40RF.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

I didn't get any measurements as my smart self forgot my measuring tape. But they really are just the same shell. Same harness height & all. Just the OA has a better cushier cover & the "air" pockets.

Last edited:

love-pink

Those pictures are great!! Im going to have to show them to her this week when shes over. Ill have to check my Kmart and see if they have the 40rf scenera!! I dont think those foam packs are worth that much more and I dont think she has a trade to get the brus deal. I know shes pretty set on a really girly seat too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC