How long does it take SK's to process tests

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
My class ended on 4/13 and I'm waiting for my card. I've checked online and safe kids still hasn't posted my certification number (assuming I'm checking in the right place). In general, how long does this usually take? In my class, we were told 30 days for the card to come in the mail, but sooner for it to be posted on line.

I'm volunteering at a check up event on May 19th and I'd like to have my tech number by then. The lead instructor said she would be overnighting them to safe kids on the Monday following our test (so, 4/16).

Also, how do you get your CEU's? I know it's premature for me to be thinking about that, but the site is confusing and it contradicts what one of our instructors said. He said you could go to BRU to check out new models for credit, the site says you can't.

ADS

clothdiapermom

Senior Community Member
Ok I just looked up when I got my number. Our class was over on I think November 3rd and I didn't get my certification number until December 12! So for me it was over 30 days. This was just last Novemeber (2006)

lynsgirl

When I did my class, it ended on April 15 of that year and my instructor still wanted those of who passed to come to the monthly check the first week in May. I believe I got my card within the month time frame, but don't quote me on that :p .

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ask your instructors if they have "closed" the course online with SK. If they haven't, your number will be delayed. If the course isn't closed online, it doesn't matter if the paperwork is returned or not.

We try to close courses within a day or two of finishing the course and we've had good luck getting numbers in about 2.5 to 3 weeks.

The nice thing about the new curriculum (if we ever see it) is that techs will get their numbers immediately upon the completion and closure of the course.

scatterbunny

I looked mine up and it still says I'm a "technician candidate", so does that mean the class hasn't been closed yet? It does list a tech ID # though--is that a temporary ID number, or will it be my permanent #?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC