How old was your kiddo when...

Cryssy Jane

They outgrew the ma classic forward facing?

O's dad brought his seat in this morning and asked me if a booster is the next step (o turns 3 on Sunday) I tell him no and why and ask if he'd like a list of options which he said yes he would (shocker).

So I sat O in the ma in the house and sure he could gain or lose room but based on a ruler he's a little less than a quarter of an inch from the top slots. I know he's got a longer torso than average but wowza.

ADS

rachelandtyke

Since the RA50 is the same shell as the MA classic, I can say my DD has not yet outgrown it at 5 1/2. Her two friends sit in them at 3y5m and 4y9m and have not outgrown them yet either.

Jennifer mom to my 7

3.5, and 3.25 (after I gained a bit by getting it as upright as possible in the vans).

And that was a decathlon, and whenever I measured, the dc was about .25 inch taller than the marathon.

But, they are tall, AND long torsoed.

#4 was 42 inches and 42 pounds.

#5 was 41 inches and around 40 pounds.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My 3.5yr old (4 in May) still is under the 3rd slots. So, for him...he'll be 6 or 7 before he outgrows it, not that he'll stay in it that long. His twin on the other hand, probably has about 6mo. But don't quote me on that...he hasn't been in one in ages. He does have room in the new BV70 suprisingly. Not much, but some.

emandbri

Jacob barely fit when I got it, he was 6 1/2, Daniel was around 6 1/2, and Benjamin was 5 1/2. All of them were tall but have longer legs than torso.

autumnlily

My oldest is still "at or below" the third slot. She is 5y2m and 41" tall.

My eyes bug out of my head when I see these 2 and 3 year olds that have outgrown the seat. I did do a fitting for a child under 2 (who was FF :() and she had 1" of torso height left... I about fell out of the car. She was a short child (tall for her age but short in relation to what I thought the seat could handle) too 35-37" or so... but all torso.

Jennifer mom to my 7

My eyes bug out of my head when I see these 2 and 3 year olds that have outgrown the seat. I did do a fitting for a child under 2 (who was FF :() and she had 1" of torso height left... I about fell out of the car. She was a short child (tall for her age but short in relation to what I thought the seat could handle) too 35-37" or so... but all torso.

You mean like this?

IMG_7709_1.jpg

IMG_7711_3.jpg

25 months, 36.5 inches, 32 pounds.

J-max

CPST Instructor
My 2 middle girls were right around 5 - but they are the shorter torso-ed of the crew. DD#1 prob would have been shortly before 4, and I think #4 will be the same

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
A boy I babysit for is almost four and he is on the second to last slot.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD1 outgrew her MA around age 4.5, when she was about 40/41 lbs. and 40/41 inches tall and mostly torso. :)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
DS1 was half-way thru 1st grade when he truly outgrew it (shoulders just over the top slots) and we used it every day up until then. Things were a little tight in the boy-parts area at the end but otherwise he was comfortable. He was just around 6.5, 48" tall and probably about 48 lbs, IIRC.

DS2 outgrew the DC somewhere between 5.5 - 6 years old. In the comparative photos I took when the MA70 first came out, he was just over the top slots in the DC. The day I took those photos, he was 50 lbs and 47" tall and close to turning 6.

View attachment 9080

View attachment 9081

View attachment 9082

asch884

my older son outgrew it at 5.5 he was in kindergarten. my younger son outgrew it at 2.5. yup i was so surprised how young he was but he is all torso. that torso is why i bought a frontier 85

my siggy is old so he does not ride in the ma anymore even though is says he does

LuvMyCharlie

Last ride, 2 y 9 mos.
4538835727_4e1b74df91.jpg

TXAggieTech

Insane! DS is 7.5 and still fits. He's a peanut. In the car he is in the top slots, in a plane he is second from the top slots. At least he has legs! There are very few seats that he has actually outgrown (eta: by height)....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC