my weekend

broken4u05

I have to tell about my weekend because it was such a good weekend. Well i think i have posted that i have been making a garden for a little boy i used to take care of. His name was Jake. It is going to be a butterfly garden and i have done soo much work on this. Hour and Hours some of it me crying because i miss him and every time i work on it i think back to him. But anyway the garden is almost done and next week is the dedication. This weekend we have planted flowers and bushes and also there is a storm drain that i have been painting butterflies on it to than put children's hands inside of them. Not only any child but all the children have some kind of special needs just like Jake was. Yesterday i had 2 children come and today i had 3. 2 of the children today had downs syndrome and they were just soo cute. The oldest boy was Jake's playmate when he was a baby. their moms took walks together with the kids.

Well now i have to think of something to say to about 50 people next week and i just do not know what to say. I loved him so much but i do not think anything i can really say will do justice to what he did in my life and so many other people's life. I have 2 little brothers because of him (his brothers call me their sister) It has been almost 4 years since he passed away but it is just still soo sad and i do not know what to say.

Well thanks for reading this i am just full of emotion right now with all the work i have been doing for so long almost over and thinking about what i am going to say. I just had to tell someone. I will post photos of the garden when it is all done

ADS

JaRylan

That is so touching, I'm am holding back the tears. I wish you a touch of rain the night before, lots of sunshine and a little breeze to make the flowers dance on the day of the dedication. You will do wonderful and the right words will come to you. I can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's great that you are doing that, Kristina. It must be so therapeutic/cathartic for you. What a great way to remember Jake.

broken4u05

Thanks. I never really dealed with his death before and now all of this is making me deal with it. I kinda just pushed it out of my mind before. It has been 4 years since he passed away. I have 2 more children on friday to do handprints and putting up a butterfly house and than the garden is all done. Next sunday is going to be one of the hardest days in my life. There are going to be so many people i haven't seen in so long and it is going to be hard. The whole families handprints are in the garden somewhere. I made a stone with jake's hand and his 2 brothers next to him and than his mom and dad hand is with the children's hands.

LOL i have already told my best friend who does not live close or he would go with me that he has to be by his phone on sunday because i am goingto call and need to talk to someone.

Last edited:

scatterbunny

((hugs)) I have tears in my eyes reading this. I bet the garden is so beautiful, and will be such a special place for so many people.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC