Snugride 30?

sunnymw

I was always under the impression that the Snugride 20 and 22 were the old models, and the 30, 32, and 35 were the new and were similar to the SS1.

So now I'm really confused!! Apparently the Snugride 30 is different from ALL the other ones. :confused:

Base... NO lock-off.
img1296753802809.jpg

img1296753801194.jpg

Seat. Has the same chest clip as the Snugride 20/22, but looks like the crotch buckle from the SmartSeat?
img1296754031274.jpg

The cover also would NOT stay on. Like it was way too big for the seat.
img1296754032320.jpg

I honestly didn't like it :eek: and the cover material felt extremely uncomfortable. The head pillow was really weird, too. It didn't go up over the head, it was just two HUGE pillows on each side, bigger than a newborn's head :eek:

ADS

mommyfrog

I saw one of those at Target and wasn't impressed either. I hated the base. I couldn't even get it to adjust up and down. And it just felt....well, not like the SS1 I had for my ds. Or even the SR22 I had for my dd. I liked the Key Fit and Safety 1st On Board better.

Mae

Yeah, I don't like it. At all.

A couple weeks back, emandbri, munchkin, and myself all met up at BRU. Emandbri was putting her DD in the new Britax seats while me and munchkin were off playing with the SR 30. Uh, I couldn't get the recline down, and I honestly thought I had broken it when it DID go down, because it made a big POPPPPP noise that echoed through the store. :eek: :eek: I didn't break it, it's just a PITA. :p

Yeah, I don't like it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The SR 30 is about an inch taller than the 22. It's designed to fit 4 lb. babies.

However, you CAN use the SR35 base with the 30. So if your only problem with it is the base, you can buy an extra SR35 base and use that instead.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The crotch strap is long, way to big for a 4 lber. The seat is narrow too.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
The one at target the one you are showing isn't as nice as say the ones at babiesrus the cover fits on those...Also a good thing for you to know is that you can use the SR35 base with that carseat

cookie123

Doesn't the one at Target have no front adjuster, too? I also hate the cover and thought it was ill fitting.

NannyMom

I like that you can use the SR30 base with the 32, 35, SS1. I havent tried out the base yet.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I have a SS1. I tried DS in the SR30 at 4 months old (15# 26ish"). I had to STUFF him into it. He screamed the entire time... I was NOT impressed. He was screaming so loud it was drawing attention like I was killing him, so I didn't get any pics :whistle: He still ahd head room, but no side to side room.

I am going to BRU Saturday, so I will try to get him in one now for comparison.

He is 9 months (tomorrow) and about 18-19lbs and maybe 28"? He has his 9mo well baby visit next Tuesday...

Kobain's Mommy

I like that you can use the SR30 base with the 32, 35, SS1. I havent tried out the base yet.

The SR32/35 and SS1 seat fit in the SR30 base but you cannot use those seats with the base. I asked Graco and was told that. I know the SR30 base would fit better in my car in the event I need 3 across.

I've heard the SR30 is to replace the SR22. And they are getting rid of the SR32 and only doing the SR35s.

Kobain's Mommy

I have a SS1. I tried DS in the SR30 at 4 months old (15# 26ish"). I had to STUFF him into it. He screamed the entire time... I was NOT impressed. He was screaming so loud it was drawing attention like I was killing him, so I didn't get any pics :whistle: He still ahd head room, but no side to side room.

I am going to BRU Saturday, so I will try to get him in one now for comparison.

He is 9 months (tomorrow) and about 18-19lbs and maybe 28"? He has his 9mo well baby visit next Tuesday...

My LO is a day younger than your's (9months Saturday) and when I tried him in the SR30 at Baby Depot he did the same thing. He was around 22lbs and 29-30" at the time. I had to cram him into the seat and he was screaming.

NannyMom

The SR32/35 and SS1 seat fit in the SR30 base but you cannot use those seats with the base. I asked Graco and was told that. I know the SR30 base would fit better in my car in the event I need 3 across.

I've heard the SR30 is to replace the SR22. And they are getting rid of the SR32 and only doing the SR35s.

When I was at BRU, the SR30 base actually said it could be used with the SS1, SR32, and SR35. I don't remember if it had restrictions on only using it to 30 pounds (SR30 base), but I don't think it did. But I remember being amazed that it said that. It was on a sticker on the side of the base.

Kobain's Mommy

When I was at BRU, the SR30 base actually said it could be used with the SS1, SR32, and SR35. I don't remember if it had restrictions on only using it to 30 pounds (SR30 base), but I don't think it did. But I remember being amazed that it said that. It was on a sticker on the side of the base.

Good to know! I never read the sticker. When I saw the base I called Graco to ask if I could use it with my SS1 since it would fit better in my car, in case I need two buckets back there. The lady on the phone said "our products don't cross over. So no you can't use it with the SS1."

NannyMom

Good to know! I never read the sticker. When I saw the base I called Graco to ask if I could use it with my SS1 since it would fit better in my car, in case I need two buckets back there. The lady on the phone said "our products don't cross over. So no you can't use it with the SS1."

Graco customer service isn't know for knowing correct answers :whistle:;)

jrmo

I don't know. I like it. My first daughter fit in the regular snugride 22 until right at a year, and she was ~75% in height, albeit very thin. This one is SLIGHTLY bigger in both seating depth and height, but still the same weight with a nice narrow profile. I also like the SIP of the nice thick EPS around the head. I suspect it will last me as long as I'm willing to carry it for DD due in May. Of course, the 35's won't actually fit in our car since DH and I are tall, so it wasn't really an option to start with... Just my :twocents:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted my first picture preview... https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Snugride30Brownstone#

Long crotch strap? Huh?
Well, anyway, I know someone had thought it seemed narrow, it must be jourdyn'smom, I'm not surprised, with the foam head protection being curved in like that. The quality is pure SR22, the usual chintzier feel in cheaper models. Biggest problem I see with it is the handle being too short for the taller shell, and it whomps the canopy back and forth every time you put it up and down. Really annoying.
I wonder if they say not to use the SR35 with the base because they are afraid you'd use it over the limits? Seems similar to when they put the SR22 out and depending on who you got to answer the phone, you could never use a 22 on a 20 base, or you could use it, but only up to 20lbs....
The pillow's weird looking but SO much better than the stupid rainbow-thing they've had... Evenflo has had pillows like that and those are the only kids who's heads seem comfy and aligned I really ever notice, so it's one thing I'm glad they copied from Evenflo (or from decades of 'roll up some receiving blankets and put them on the side of your baby's head to keep it from flopping sideways' advice that have been given...it's just like doing that, but no rolling :))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC