Question 2000 Buick Century compatible with Sunshine Radian XTSL?

U

Unregistered

I want to buy the Sunshine Radian XTSL for my little man, but want to make sure it's compatible with my car! Does anybody know if this car seat will work with my 2000 Buick Century? I know I'll need to use the seat belt . . .but otherwise will they be a good team?

Thank you!

ADS

Dillipop

I haven't had any problems with my 1999 Buick Century and the radian. If you are using it rearfacing, there's not a lot of room and the front seat will have to be up some, but it's not too bad.

butterfly_mommy

Dillipop what is your trick?

My mom has a 200 Century and my DH couldn't get a good install with our Radian XT RF. When I got home I worked on it and did get a pretty tight install using the locking clip but could not get it more upright then 45 degrees.

It took me a lot longer to install my Radian XT in the Century then in my 2001 Volvo S40 with a seatbelt and I was not happy with the recline (neither would my 3 year old DS) I get the seat pretty upright in the Volvo.

Dillipop

Dillipop what is your trick?

My mom has a 200 Century and my DH couldn't get a good install with our Radian XT RF. When I got home I worked on it and did get a pretty tight install using the locking clip but could not get it more upright then 45 degrees.

It took me a lot longer to install my Radian XT in the Century then in my 2001 Volvo S40 with a seatbelt and I was not happy with the recline (neither would my 3 year old DS) I get the seat pretty upright in the Volvo.

I haven't had it rfing in there in a couple years now, but if it warms up this week a bit, I'll go out and see what I did. I have a picture on my other computer of ds2 when he was 2.5ish that I'll upload tomorrow for you.

Dillipop

IMG_4245.jpg

Just wanted to show you the pic I have of the radian rfing in the Buick. My RN is from 2006 and has the old style boot. I was pretty satisfied with how upright it was. It definitely touches the front seat- I'd install the RN and push back the passenger seat as far as I could. The only problems I had with passengers was a larger lady I would take home from work. She needed the seat all the way back and that wasn't happening. I remember it being pretty easy to get in, since the seats are so squishy. There's a great rfing tether location on the stalks to the front middle lapbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC