DIY LATCH retrofit

ADS

MANDY1234

what! :eek: That is so unsafe!! He was using what janitors use for their keys as LATCH hooks!!! That man has something wrong with him...

J-max

CPST Instructor
:eek: So many many things wrong. The first :eek::eek::eek: was he is only going through sheet metal. Those eye bolts will rip though with very little force and may just work through from wear and tear. Sheet metal is not very strong. Eye bolts?? Carabiners????

I understand the concept, and I get people that ask this question on a regular basis, but this is scary :thumbsdown:

Cryssy Jane

yeah i think snowbird25ca did it up pretty well back in 2008 according to comments.

ETA: looks like this may have come around before due to the screen names I recognize in responses.

HayleyCPST

if you scroll down, you'll see snowbird actually commented on it. Good for you!:thumbsup: She got shut down though by stupid people. And for the record....NO, acceleration is NOT 9.81m/s2 because there is no up and down motion when you are in a crash. (not like anyone else cares)

Man people need to stop commenting about physics if they have no clue what they are talking about!

I'm not surprised people do this though.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
FWIW My father "RUINED" his 1946 Dodge Club Coupe by putting L/S belts for driver and passenger, and 4 lapbelts for us when we were kids. We never new lap belts were bad LOL

My car seats fit GREAT 3 across! :whistle:

luckyclov

My oldest had that crappy-butt Eddie Bauer combo seat about a katrillion years ago. Fairly certain it should be retired by now. As far as the DIY...uhhhh...:eek:

Kat_Momof3

FWIW My father "RUINED" his 1946 Dodge Club Coupe by putting L/S belts for driver and passenger, and 4 lapbelts for us when we were kids. We never new lap belts were bad LOL

My car seats fit GREAT 3 across! :whistle:

he did better than most, though... :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC