Your interpretation of the crotch buckle rules for the FR85?

menfusse

What I mean is that it says something to the effect of that using the closer one but not under. How do you define under?

Do you mean sitting pretty much on the strap, or just when the slot is under but the rest of the strap is free?

E is getting to the point that in a diaper, the closest slot is just under her, but the strap it's self is not really under her or anything. It angles out if that makes sense. I tried going ahead and moving it out to the center slot, but we are running into major incompatibility issues with her button and tubes. It's pulling and tugging and catching, etc.

So, I wonder where to draw the line when we say we HAVE to move to the center? I mean, if the slot is under her, is that it? Are we stuck with using the center and having to do some ridiculous wiggle routine to get her comfy with her tube, or can we wait until more of the strap it's self is actually under her?

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I take it to mean that the slot can be under, as long as the buckle is not under the child. I asked the same thing one of my seats RN or Maestro maybe) when I bought them...

:twocents: I could be totally wrong though...

LuvMyCharlie

DS is using the center slot right now, but I feel like I need to move it out. The slot is right under his crotch, but the buckle is not. However, when I go to strap him in, he typically yells at me that it hurts his bits(before even tightening the harness).

menfusse

Move it out. If it's obviously way too far forward, move it back. :twocents::)

Well, that's the thing, it's not obvious in terms of looks or anything. I mean it isn't angled sharply in towards her, but it is somewhat and it's higher on her. Thus the tubie troubles. Sigh... It fits much much better for HER on the inner most slot, but like I said she is sitting somewhat on the slot. I just don't know if Britax has the under rule because of a safety concern or a comfort concern or both. So I was hoping somebody would have the magic answer that would tell me how far under, "under" really means.

Uh...did that make sense? Cuz, it did in my head, but nobody really should be in my head. It's skeery in here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC