shaking my head...treasure island fl

:confused: Last night we were heading to treasure isalnd to the beach and we were at a red light, i looked over and there was a van with a little girl who could not have been over 3 yrs old sitting on her knees in the front seat hanging out of the window!! I told myself to just mind my own business but then quickly said eff that " excuse me...mam???" she looked at me like wtf do you want weirdo lol...i told her its very unsafe for your little girl to be hanging out of that window and not be safely restrained, she told me to go "F" myself , so i followed her and called the cops...they pulled her over within 3 minutes , it was great to see the cops actually care about it.
i dont know what is wrong with people, i didnt approach her rudely at all.

ADS

Splash

Wow, the cops actually came?
That's right around the corner from me, and no one here used car seats properly, much less boosters (I doubt most people would even knw what they are). Sad, seeing as how that is such a well to do area of town, you know they can afford it! WIth the average house costing well over 2 million, I don't understand why they won't shell out forty bucks for a car seat.

broken4u05

Glad the cops came. I saw a kid today hanging out the window and i wanted to call but they turned and i was riding with my mom so i couldn't

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
I saw someone drive away with a little sandal with a foot in it on the dashboard on Friday :mad: I would have called the cops, but they drove away before I could get their info:( I wasn't sure at first that it was a kid because I couldn't see the kid, just the foot. By the time I was sure it was too late :thumbsdown:

Good for you for calling!

Wow, the cops actually came?
That's right around the corner from me, and no one here used car seats properly, much less boosters (I doubt most people would even knw what they are). Sad, seeing as how that is such a well to do area of town, you know they can afford it! WIth the average house costing well over 2 million, I don't understand why they won't shell out forty bucks for a car seat.

exactly!! people over their have money , she was driving a very nice van..meanwhile im driving my lil ol impala with my kids properly restrained.

elle7715

Wow that's great they came! And the fact that she didn't hesitate to say F--- in front of her daughter doesn't really speak volumes about her either.
We went grocery shopping tonight and I fed DS in the car before going in. I watched at least 5 families come in and out and NONE had their kids in boosters or a car seat. These were kids from 2-6 years old. One family got out so fast I doubt their 3 and 5 year olds were even buckled in. All were, of course, in nice big expensive SUVs.

TheRealMacGyver

I'm sure she doesn't live in that part of town, she probably came from...well, I won't name any towns, but if you're a local, you can fill in the blank with your own favorite slum. With a mouth like that I don't think she'll be winning any parent-of-the-year awards anytime soon. I am surprised that the police responded that quick, good job.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
UGH.. Friday while we were at the bank I saw a lady pull out of a parking space, talking on her cell phone(of course) while her 1 year old bounced between the front and back seat.. You know, that little space where the arm rest is.. Yeah, she was there... I was pissed. But too flustered and in a hurry to think to get her license plate number.

mamisan

I don't think the police would even bother around here. I'm glad they came!

Saturday at the park we saw ELEVEN people (mostly kids) get out of a compact car. I have no idea how they fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC