A picture is worth a thousand words.....3 across!

Amaris

I got to try putting 3 across in a chevy impala today, and it worked. I had a safeseat 1, a marathon, and a regent across the back seat! The only way it would work was with the regent in the center because the seat part of the marathon comes out too far for the infant seat to attach to the base. I had to use the short belt path with the regent because the belt wasn't long enough, and that was a pain! That was also the first time I've used the short belt path. Anyway, here's a pic!!

Disclaimer: There were no kids in these seats so I didn't attach and tighten the tethers. I just wanted to see if the seats would all fit!

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's impressive to get three across with a Regent as one of the seats!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amaris

It was a pain actually!! But I've been thinking of getting rid of my odyssey for a while, and since Michael can pretty much buckle himself into the regent reaching Isaiah is easy with the marathon outboard. I'm thinking of a newer (2004 or newer) impala since they would get better gas mileage too.

remken

As you can see in my sig. pic. I have no problem using the long belt path in my impala, out board or center. I had a harder time using the shortbelt path or latch. I only tried both those ways once though. So thats probably why.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
As you can see in my sig. pic. I have no problem using the long belt path in my impala, out board or center. I had a harder time using the shortbelt path or latch. I only tried both those ways once though. So thats probably why.

Did you have anyone else helping you install it? I just found that I ran out of hands and room with the beltpath. I got over that last "hump" and ran out of belt path :eek: It was no where near being able to be buckled into the stalk. I like the short belt path though, but I'm always interested in trying to find other ways to make my seat fit :thumbsup:

remken

I can do it by myself if needed. Usually the biggest problem I have is the belt twisting behind the seat and then I have to redo it again. If I have one of my kids that are handy to help though I'll make them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did you have anyone else helping you install it? I just found that I ran out of hands and room with the beltpath. I got over that last "hump" and ran out of belt path :eek: It was no where near being able to be buckled into the stalk. I like the short belt path though, but I'm always interested in trying to find other ways to make my seat fit :thumbsup:

It reaches, but you have to be persistent or heavy or use lot of leverage to get it buckled (it took me a couple years to be able to install my Huskies in any car with the long path without help from someone else...I'm not very mechanically inclined, lol).

:)

Amaris

I thought it might reach, but I didn't have any help and I'm a little too big to get it all the way through and push the regent down alone! If I can get DH to help next time I try I think the long belt path will work. I did try putting the marathon in the middle, but I was about 1-2 inches short on the safeseat snapping into the base. The marathon just got in the way. I was surprised when it worked with the regent, but the side sits low enough to let the safeseat snap in. The marathon and regent actually fit pretty well next to each other. They are against each other at the top, but they are each tight on their own. I was surprised and excited to find out that the would fit, since it gives me the option of sizing down!!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
That is GREAT, AWSOME, so AWSOME!!! I NEED To know how long across the back seat of that car is PLEASE! I have a dodge intrepid (very similar from what i hear) and have been back and forth between getting abby a regent or allie a radian when allie outgrows the scenera (soon) and that might make my choice better if i know i can fit 3 across still in my car with the regent.

Cindy&Connor

That is awesome. I have got to try this in my Taurus. I didn't think it would work but maybe it will since the Regent doesn't have a base. I'm excited now.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I just took a pic for someone else on the board, but here is a 01 Impala with a Turbobooster, Regent, and Marathon.

STA70592.jpg

Amaris

If I do decide to get an impala the booster seat will be my next seat. My marathon expires in 09 so Michael will probably go into a booster then, and Isaiah into the regent, and baby into a bigger britax (which may happen sooner than 09). How hard is it to buckle the seatbelt for the booster?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
If I do decide to get an impala the booster seat will be my next seat. My marathon expires in 09 so Michael will probably go into a booster then, and Isaiah into the regent, and baby into a bigger britax (which may happen sooner than 09). How hard is it to buckle the seatbelt for the booster?

I personally would actually flip the seats around, put the MA on the driver outboard and the turbo on the passenger outboard. Reason being that when I went to buckle the turbo you need to "fish around" down there b/c you can't see due to the TBs armrests. Well i fished wrong and unbuckled my Regent!!!

I'd personally suggest getting a PW if you want to do 3 wide. Buckling it isn't really the problem, it's the armrests that are attached to the TB.

Amaris

Thanks! I'm not sure what booster we will get yet since that's still a few years away, but if I do get an impala I plan on keeping it more than a few years, so it's great to know that when my kids change seats they will still fit!!

Amaris

I will measure the seat when I get a chance to and get back to you!!

That is GREAT, AWSOME, so AWSOME!!! I NEED To know how long across the back seat of that car is PLEASE! I have a dodge intrepid (very similar from what i hear) and have been back and forth between getting abby a regent or allie a radian when allie outgrows the scenera (soon) and that might make my choice better if i know i can fit 3 across still in my car with the regent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC