Orbit Toddler Seat

Jennrenn23

If you had the Orbit Infant Seat original, with 2 bases for your cars, would you shell out for the Toddler seat, since you already have the 2 bases? No space constraints or money constraints either, really. But the Toddler seat would be used in grandma's car occasionally so ease of installation without base is important. I do like that we can still swivel in RF with the toddler seat, but we will never put it on the stroller frame, as we either wear her or use our much lighter umbrella or jogging when necessary. "She" -C- is 10 months, 20 lbs, not sure of height right now but she's very short. I just never hear much on the Toddler seat... We do travel by air a few times a year with baby, so maybe the travel benefits are nice? Thoughts?

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

In my opinion there is much better seats out there with better featrues for less money. It only RFs up to 35lbs and FFs up to 50lbs. It doesn't even give a hight estimate, but doesn't look like it's that tall of a seat. You could get two Complete Airs for the price of the Orbit Toddler and those would most likely get you to boostering.

Pixels

No, I personally wouldn't unless I was dealing with a 2-door car. There are other seats that will last longer rear facing, longer forward facing, nicer features (IMO, of course) and cost much less. I know you said no financial constraints, and I get that, but I can't bring myself to throw money away, either.

For that much money, you could get two very nice seats, and leave them both permanently installed. Or, you could get three nice seats and leave one in Grandma's car as well. If you're using the Orbit Toddler seat with bases in your vehicles, and want to install it baseless, you have to attach the braces, and then remove them again before using it with the base again.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think the Orbit Toddler seat is awesome and if I already had two Orbit bases then I wouldn't even think twice about getting the toddler seat. Heather did a great review of this seat for the blog here: http://carseatblog.com/5668/orbit-toddler-car-seat-review-the-next-step/

I think her DD was 7 in those pics!

HTH!

Thanks for posting that, Kecia! My dd is even wearing that same sweater today--so bizarre!

I would buy the Toddler seat. I think it has unique, innovative features, tall harness slots and even though it ff to just 50 lbs., that's about the weight limit most of those other HWH seats will get your kid to anyway before you start have to start cramming them into them.

mommy-medic

I haven't seen the manual, but in the review just under the first set of pic with baby, it says there are four harness slots, and the bottom two are for rfing, top three are for ffing. Does orbit prohibit using either o the top two slots for rfing???? If so that would be a major thumbs down. Just curious.

Kat_Momof3

I definitely would... no doubt... it's great... tall top slots, lots of leg room...

and the ease of installation and use is fantastic.

Jennrenn23

Thank you all so much for the varied opinions and expertise! Now off to discuss with my husband...:thanx!:

Jennifer

I would purchase one as I love my Orbit Toddler Seat. It was very nice when I had a sleeping child as I could take the seat out of the car and not have to wake them up. I did use the toddler seat on the stroller base quite often and am planning on keeping the toddler seat in my van to use on the stroller base as my yds is outgrowing the stroller seat and the toddler seat is much taller. My 5 year old still fits in it rf, although I have recently moved him to a Prosport for ff. My almost 7 year old dd is almost to the top harness slot so has almost outgrown the seat. She outgrew the Britax Marathon a while ago.

I have not found it to be too difficult to put the braces on to install the seat without the base for use in different vehicles or ff.

Jennrenn23

I would purchase one as I love my Orbit Toddler Seat. It was very nice when I had a sleeping child as I could take the seat out of the car and not have to wake them up. I did use the toddler seat on the stroller base quite often and am planning on keeping the toddler seat in my van to use on the stroller base as my yds is outgrowing the stroller seat and the toddler seat is much taller. My 5 year old still fits in it rf, although I have recently moved him to a Prosport for ff. My almost 7 year old dd is almost to the top harness slot so has almost outgrown the seat. She outgrew the Britax Marathon a while ago.

I have not found it to be too difficult to put the braces on to install the seat without the base for use in different vehicles or ff.

Thanks for the word on ease of installation without base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC