pic heavy - 5 1/2 year old and 5 convertibles

rachelandtyke

We had to put some extra seats in our van for some friends and I thought DD and I would play around a bit and snap some comparison pictures.

We have a 2001 Town and Country. It is really a very car seat friendly minivan.

We tried her in the Coccoro, Classic Boulevard (Boulevard 65), Roundabout 50, Evenflo Triumph Advance (50 lb version), and the True Fit. All of them have the harness at the top slots.

DD is 5 1/2 - she weighs 36 lbs and is 43 inches tall with a 15 inch torso. Her normal seat is the True Fit.

Coccoro
She said her shoulders were too tight width-wise in this one! It is DS's seat anyway, I just thought I'd try her out in it. I think their stated top height limit is 40 inches.

DSC_0008.jpg

ears below top of shell
DSC_0012.jpg

shoulder just at top harness slots!
DSC_0011.jpg

Boulevard
(this is her old seat and DS's primary seat)

(you can see it sits taller than the True Fit)
DSC_0013.jpg

her ears are still below the top of the shell
DSC_0015.jpg

still a little bit of torso growth in the harness
DSC_0016.jpg

Roundabout 50
(DS's spare seat for DH's car)
DD has more room in this than the Boulevard

you can see how it sits taller than the True Fit
DSC_0025.jpg

ears below top of shell
DSC_0027.jpg

still harness height left
DSC_0026.jpg

Evenflo Triumph Advance (50 lb version)
DD loves this seat because she can buckle herself. She says it is comfy. It came with the Sandbox cover, also, but she complained that one squishes her shoulders too much. This is her spare seat for DH's car.

this one sits taller than the True Fit also
DSC_0021.jpg

head even with top of shell, so lots of room to grow
DSC_0023.jpg

hard to see, but still has an inch or so of torso room to grow
DSC_0024.jpg

True Fit
DD's primary seat, she really likes it and thinks it is comfy

her head is completely below the top of the shell
DSC_0002.jpg

plenty of harness height left to get her to booster maturity
DSC_0004.jpg

she has outgrown it by weight for rf, but if she weighed just a little less . . .

she'd fit!
DSC_0020.jpg

she thought it was really comfy and wishes she could ride in it rear facing all the time. She loved that she could cross her legs in it and still have plenty of room.
DSC_0018.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

cookie123

What vehicle is that, there is room between the TF and the others. I'm jealous. By the way, beautiful little model you have there.:) She looks pretty cooperative too.

rachelandtyke

What vehicle is that, there is room between the TF and the others. I'm jealous. By the way, beautiful little model you have there.:) She looks pretty cooperative too.

Thank you, she was kind of tired of it by the end, lol. I definitely got a work out!

I meant to add the vehicle! It's a 2001 Town and Country. I'll go put that in the OP.

One of these days I want to play around with what I have and see if I can get 3 in the 3rd row. It might work with all seatbelt installs or just the center seat using LATCH. Now that I have the CCO, something might work back there . . .

Kat_Momof3

I'm amazed (shouldn't be, though, cause I know the boulevard tends to be shorter than the MA) that the CCO has almost the same harness height space as the BV.

For a petite kid like yours, if someone had a tiny car, you could literally go from cco to a dedicated booster.... only two seats from birth to seatbelt... I know that's supposed to sound good... something about only two seats sounds lonely, though :love:

Spam

She's cute and tiny, my two year old is almost the same size, but he's heavier. I hate your third row, my mom has one. With seatbelt installs, three across is possible, but not fun ;)

mommycat

She is a great model, and... HOLY COW the EFTA id WIDE!!! I knew the TF was, so that was no surprise, but she just looks so tiny in the EFTA, she is swallowed up by it. I didn't realize there was such a significant difference between the BV and MA/RA50. Thanks for the review! :)

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Does she carry alot of her height in her legs? I'm interested to know what her torso height is. :whistle:

I figure dd will be petite as well. She's 14m and still on the second slot in the SR32 with about 3 inches of growth left after she settles in.

Ds on the other hand is 37m and 40 inches. His ears are 1/2 way above the top of the Roundabout at Target (not sure which, I forgot to count slots, but I suppose its the 40). He didn't have much room FF in the CCO when I sold it a few months back.

rachelandtyke

She's cute and tiny, my two year old is almost the same size, but he's heavier. I hate your third row, my mom has one. With seatbelt installs, three across is possible, but not fun ;)

I got to thinking about 3 back there because we have some friends that we often all ride together when we go places with the moms and kids, but they are getting a new addition this month, so we won't fit unless I can get 3 back there! I'd be interested in what combo of seats would work.

Usually if we have 3 back there is it DD in the middle with the lapbelt install and an adult on either side.

rachelandtyke

Does she carry alot of her height in her legs? I'm interested to know what her torso height is. :whistle:

I figure dd will be petite as well. She's 14m and still on the second slot in the SR32 with about 3 inches of growth left after she settles in.

Ds on the other hand is 37m and 40 inches. His ears are 1/2 way above the top of the Roundabout at Target (not sure which, I forgot to count slots, but I suppose its the 40). He didn't have much room FF in the CCO when I sold it a few months back.

Her legs do look long to me. I can measure her torso height tomorrow. :)

StillThankful

Wow!

It's so great to finally get all the seats to play at one time!

Your DD is super cute:).

BTW, your mocha mint EFTA cover is cute--but the sandbox pads must be lonely in your closet.....:whistle: Sandy misses them.:p

zactayaus

LOL. I think my 21mo and your 5 1/2yo have the same size torso.:p

He's actually 20mo in this pic in a CCO:
100_2181-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC