Twisting the latchplate -- anything wrong with my method?

Keeanh

Here's how I do the "upside-down latchplate" thing. I actually turn the latchplate upside down on the belt before buckling it. Here's the result. I like it, but before I recommend it to anyone, I'd like to know if there's a problem with it. You'll notice that it passes the "twist" up to the shoulder belt.

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5084.JPG

No, I don't need to do it with this particular seat, it was just the one that was easiest for demo purposes.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
So, are you saying you put a twist in the belt and work it through the latchplate so the latchplate effectively is on upside down? I can't see a problem with that unless someone needs to use that seabelt and has a twisted shoulder belt to deal with.

skaterbabs

As long as the belt webbing is parallel, it should still lock. Personally, that would annoy me, so I'd just flip the latchplate AND the belt webbing, not turn the latchplate on the belt the way you did.

autumnlily

I have to say I am impressed with how well the MyRide is upright in your FF install. I haven't had as much luck with such a great amount of base contact into the seat.

What vehicle is that? :D

Keeanh

I have to say I am impressed with how well the MyRide is upright in your FF install. I haven't had as much luck with such a great amount of base contact into the seat.

What vehicle is that? :D

That's my 2000 GMC Safari. I seem to be the only one on this board who loves that van, LOL. Everything installs nicely, and you can fit just about anything. My current 3-across... My Ride, True Fit, SnugRide 22 :thumbsup:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC