Yay! MN State PSA for using Booster Seats!

StPaulMom

I like that they have it, and it certainly gets straight to the point! I do wish they'd shown a child in a correctly used booster at the end to show what it should look like, though.
WDYT?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKSf6TKOfoY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKSf6TKOfoY[/ame]

ADS

babyherder

Actually, now that I think about it more I think its actually not going to be effective. Most parents care about their kids. And many many parents at least buckle their kids. I don't think its helpful to suggest to parents that think they're keeping their kids safe by buckling them that they're doing no better than tossing the kids on the car roof.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
You know what, they ran the same (or similar) spot in Michigan last year, and I had more parents refer to it during seat checks than any other CPS-related PSA in the 3.5 years that I've been a tech. And all of the parents who mentioned it remembered that the law says booster until 8YO! :thumbsup:

StPaulMom

Actually, now that I think about it more I think its actually not going to be effective. Most parents care about their kids. And many many parents at least buckle their kids. I don't think its helpful to suggest to parents that think they're keeping their kids safe by buckling them that they're doing no better than tossing the kids on the car roof.
But that's the point of the PSA- parents that THINK it's ok to just buckle the kid in are now being told that they need a booster. The reason many parents dont put children in boosters is because they dont know they should (or are legally required to do such) and that it's NOT safe to just use a seat belt.

babyherder

StPaulMom, I agree with you from a safety standpoint. But if I was making sure to keep kids in the back of my car buckled I would be upset if someone implied it was the same as keeping them on the car roof. However, if its being effective then keep using it. I'll use boosters no matter what any commercial says. I guess I just see it differently from other people.

Farm_Mama

Wow, I haven't seen this yet!! That's great!! So many of my kids' friends parents think I'm crazy because I don't let them drive them places unless they take their boosters. Many of them have no idea that the law changed a couple years ago. It may not be a perfect commercial, but at least it's getting the word out!

cookie123

I've seen that before. If it's effective then I guess go for it, right?

I wish there was more easily accessed info regarding why to do things.

People don't like to be told what to do, but maybe if the realized they reasons why to rear face, or why the harness should be snug and where the straps should be positioned because.... They would be more willing to use restraints correctly.

Maybe when I win the PCH I'll buy some billboards. That would be fun!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC