How much should I ask for Radian!

arly1983

It has a DOM of 10/06 and has all the parts and instructions and stickers are still attached. Foam is in perfect condition...What do you think I can get for it?

I AM AT MY WITS END!! :mad:

I kept the radian at this point to put in MILs car for when she takes him to Early Intervention Preschool in the fall. I have a Honda CRV and it goes great in there but we are selling very shortly for a Town & Country. Thats really not a factor anyway since I don't really like it for everyday use and Jackson (with his sensory issues) absolutely loaths the closely spaced shoulder straps. Short rides, he whines a little, but it will qucikly progess to screaming and clawing at the straps.

I have tried the belt install in my MILs car and that was a no go. She has a 05 Ford 500. I just assumed it would go in with latch. She stoped by this morning to take Jack-Jack to church with her. I was like well, I was about to put the regent my truck, do want me to go ahead and install the radian in your car and just leave it there (he goes with her the most of anyone besids me and DH). THE DARN THING WOULD NOT GO IN WITH LATCH! My MIL is like "oh, its ok, as long as the belt is in it. I am not planning on getting in a wreck" (well, DUH, I don't think anyone does!) After 30 mins, I give up, they are running late. DH brings over the Regent. ROCK solid in less than 5 mins....

Maybe I just can't install hard to install carseats. I admit defeat. I shouldn't become a tech. Whatever! I hate this seat!

The horrible thing is I paid $200 for it and I will be lucky if I can find someone to take this thing for $120 + shipping!

The only two other peoples cars I can get this thing in is my moms(latch) and my sis's (w/ locking clip and two people) and he is only with them once in a blue moon. I absolutley have to have AT LEAST two seats for him by august as one person will be dropping him off and another picking him up. I need the money for the second seat. I am freaking out here. AND I CONSIDER MYSELF MORE INFORMED THAN THE AVERAGE PARENT(maybe I am deluding myself since everyone else is seeming to be able to get the radian in somehow, somewhere)

I know I am just ranting now but I just knew I could do it somehow:(

When she gets back, I will give it one more try but she is going to want to uninstall this once a week to put it in her trunk (carpooling to her waitressing job) which means every sunday night I will have to put it back in. I don't want to have to spend 30 mins each week doing this (assuming when she gets back I can do it)

Maybe I am just one of those dumba$$s that need to stick with easy Britax!

ADS

ThreeBeans

Well, before you lose money, why don't we see if we can work through the install problem?

What was keeping it from going in with latch? What problem did you encounter with the seatbelt?

I will agree, this seat is NOT user-friendly in terms of install, but I bet with a little brain power we can work thru it ;)

arly1983

To be honest with you, I have worked with this seat all I want to. (Thanks for the offer though)

I would be happy to never see it again!

mominabigtruck

Honestly I think you could put it on ebay and get most of your money back. Whenever I see them on ebay they are going for $189 + $30 shipping and I've never seen a used one so I imagine someone will snatch it up.

arly1983

Your right, I have never seen a used Radian on there...

The starting price would have to be my bare minimum though, because what if only person is interested???

mominabigtruck

I would start at $120 and then put your reserve at whatever you think is fair, although I wouldn't go too high or otherwise they'll just buy the new one. And I would try to keep shipping down too because that's what always stops me from buying things is when the shipping is exorbinant and I know the seller is just trying to gouge you.

southpawboston

The starting price would have to be my bare minimum though, because what if only person is interested???

correct. the starting price should be the minimum you would be willing to accept for the carseat. if the bidding drives up the price, then it's just a bonus for you. you can also list a higher "buy it now" price. some people want something ASAP and are willing to pay more than the opening bid amount just to secure the item immediately. also keep in mind that there are ebay fees. it will cost you about 4-7% of the selling price in seller fees. also be sure to make it clear how much it will cost to ship, and indicate that the buyer is responsible for those costs.

arly1983

Is DHL or USPS Parcal Post or FedEx or UPS usually cheaper??

This thing weighs about 21 lbs according to target.com

arly1983

Yep, MIL got back....

I admit defeat. I am not saying it is not doable but I sure can't do it!

Our Radian is going bye bye!

mominabigtruck

USPS has always been cheaper for me. I ship alot of large baby stuff and they almost always have the best deal unless its a huge box.

R&J'sMom

Is DHL or USPS Parcal Post or FedEx or UPS usually cheaper??

This thing weighs about 21 lbs according to target.com

DHL has always been the cheapest for me when I am shipping stuff that I sold on ebay. I've never had a problem with anything getting lost or damaged.

Knittingfor4

Could you try your local Craigslist first to avoid shipping? There must be demand for hwh seats because the stores have such trouble keeping any instock!

arly1983

Good news everyone. Kat from Delph is going to trade her 05 regent for my 06 radian!!!

YAY! My DH is in heaven!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC