Moving the straps from newborn loops to the longer ones...

leighi123

Does anyone have pics of how to move the straps on an infant seat from the newborn loops to the longer ones?

I hope that makes sense, its way past my bedtime!

There was a request on etsy that says this:

"Need to either add on to the car seat straps I already have or just request new longer car seat straps"

(in other words, she wants some random crafter on etsy to make her some new straps for her seat or add to her old ones!!!)

:eek:

I'm guessing she has an infant seat and its on the newborn setting. Either that or she doesnt know how to adjust her seat, or her child is too big for it. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is but she doesnt even seem to know what seat she has! So I'm hoping pics will help....

ADS

msg221

I think I know what you are talking about, but it would help to know what seat she has. I'm trying to figure out how she could NOT know when all she has to do is look at it and find a label, tag, something!

Yeah, that is pretty scary if she is cruising the Etsy site to have someone rig up something for her car seat straps!

Mae

I have pictures from the manual of a SS1 ...

SS1.jpg

SS12.jpg

jess71903

Ambassador
Could you direct her over here maybe? If she is looking for someone to rig it for her, she may have a lot more issues than just short straps.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Alternatively, she may be finding her child's poofy snow gear is maxing out her harness - even if it's already at the maximum setting. :whistle:

leighi123

I did tell her to head over here...

I sent her the pics, this was her response:

"It's not an infant car seat it's the next level up. It does have 3 stages on the back which is already on the last stage. It is also strapped to the metal thing on the back but that I have stretch it all it goes"

So yeah..... I dunno whats going on. I asked her to look at the stickers on her seat and find out what its called, and asked her child's age/weight and FF or RF.... so we'll see.

SignCuer

sounds like she's talking about a convertible... and one with 3 harness slots...

only one I can think of with 3 harness slots is the ComfortSport.... :(

If the kid has outgrown it... I'm not surprised.

Kat_Momof3

time to cut straight to getting the size of the kiddo, her vehicle make/model/year, and budget... recommend a new seat, and then send her to a tech (if you can't meet with her yourself)

leighi123

time to cut straight to getting the size of the kiddo, her vehicle make/model/year, and budget... recommend a new seat, and then send her to a tech (if you can't meet with her yourself)

I'm trying!!! She is slow to respond and seems a bit clueless... :(

Kat_Momof3

at least you're on it, though.

I just meant I don't think the issue is what seat it is (but I think it's a graco comfortsport, which is why I was acting like a female dog in heat... as most kids outgrow it by height before they outgrow the strap space)

leighi123

True, either the seat is outgrown, or she is doing something weird with it like putting the kid in giant clothes, or maybe she even modified it somehow. Who knows.
Hopefully she will get back to me...

WhatAboutPuppy

On a brighter note... A myride has multiple loops on the harness... Not sure how the harness is outgrown but maybe it's not a bad seat just a bad manual reader??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC