DD's first booster ride

mamakc

Wow is it ever weird to see your "baby" ride in a seatbelt. But I'm sure glad I've been keeping a TB in the car for "just in case." I got it because she is 4 & 40 so thought I should own a booster for her. Never actually got around to using it like I always said I would... but anyway, I wasn't sure what just-in-case would be, but I found out today! I was babysitting and went to the store w/ my two (4 & 2) and 7mo neice. DN soiled herself and her car seat... BAD! lol So I had to put her in DS's seat and he rode in DD's nauti and she rode in the booster on the way home. She did excellent and was soooooooo proud of herself for riding in it. I made her tell me the rules for riding in a booster (we have talked about it before). It was also only the second time DS rode FF so it was a big day for everyone. :p He was not happy about it though, he's very possessive of his car seats and was very mad that his cousin was in his seat LOL.

I do have a question though. If you were in a similar situation, would you have done the same thing? Or is there a more ideal solution you would have used?

ADS

christineka

I do have a question though. If you were in a similar situation, would you have done the same thing? Or is there a more ideal solution you would have used?

Good for your dd! I've done similar stuff. I'll move the older ones to backless boosters, the next two to high back boosters, the next kid forward facing and the baby to whatever rfing seat is available. It's good to have spares for whatever may happen.

andre149

Glad your dd handled it well :) I would have done the same thing. There really weren't any other options it sounds like, and everyone was safe so that's a thumbs up in my book :)

babyherder

Unless I have the kind of disposable income where I can just buy another seat while out (dreaming here) I would have done the same thing.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Sounds like your solution was great. Everyone was still safely restrained, even if it wasn't absolute best practice, it was still appropriate and kept your kids safe. Great job! :thumbsup:

LittlePeanut

Sounds like your solution was great. Everyone was still safely restrained, even if it wasn't absolute best practice, it was still appropriate and kept your kids safe. Great job! :thumbsup:

THIS!

I carry spare covers for these situations rather than spare seats but I do foresee the possibility of having a spare booster in the vehicle for DS's friends that may eventually come for playdates and such. It seems all parents are not as conscientious and send their young children WITHOUT car seats at all :eek:

Kat_Momof3

I would have done just what you did... you had to go, those were the seats you had available... and everyone was properly restrained.

icnee

I think you did great with what you had. :thumbsup:Good thing you had that booster

THIS!

I carry spare covers for these situations rather than spare seats :

this is an awesome idea, I have road trips coming up and was planning on brining a spare seat but a cover sounds much better.

emandbri

Glad she did well! I've done similar things at times. I let Elizabeth use Benjamin's seat when she peed in it and once had my niece use Daniel's booster and he went without.

I have a spare radian cover in my van. When I bought my XTSL last year Elizabeth was potty training so I bought it but it hasn't ever been on the seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC