Thoughts on this car seat travel bag?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The company has shipped RSTVs to Canada for people who are going to be using them outside of Canada. :)

If I was willing to buy a Scenera at the destination-- I'd just plan on buying the Scenera. I wouldn't risk the damage to my expensive Radians, I'd just buy seats when we got there! (Though if you travel outside of Canada a lot, the RSTV is a WONDERFUL product, and has no expiration date.)

ADS

DaniChildcare

Since you're going to honolulu in the US, i'd probably buy a scenera when you get there and a booster. It's legal to use in the US, and you can always take it home and use it when your daughter weighs enough.

I'd go to the store and try one out there or buy one in Canada and take it with you (the booster) in your luggage. I wouldn't check your nice radians ... they'll get trashed, or stolen.

The travel vest is a good idea too, but only worth it if you plan on traveling outside of canada at least a couple more times.

Alison's Mom

Thanks for the vest idea. I think it would work great, and dh would love the smlplicity of the whole thing. Dd is over 30 pounds, so the next time we fly to the US, I think we will go that route for her, and hope that ds reaches 30 pounds also, by then! Anyone know if they are approved for use in Australia?

soygurl

Thanks for the vest idea. I think it would work great, and dh would love the smlplicity of the whole thing. Dd is over 30 pounds, so the next time we fly to the US, I think we will go that route for her, and hope that ds reaches 30 pounds also, by then! Anyone know if they are approved for use in Australia?

I'm nearly positive the vests aren't approved for use in Australia, but it's not something I would worry about. Any seat you might bring with you to to a different country would be just as illegal, and nobody is going to go to the trouble of buying a new car seat for every country they travel in. I mean, sure if you visit one other country frequently then it might make sense to buy a legal seat for repeated vacations. But simply traveling around? :shrug-shoulders: As long as the vehicle(s) you're riding in have lap/shoulder belts or a top tether (w/ lap only belt), the vests good to go. Also, I would imagine there's much less chance of any incompatibility like you might have with using a Canadian (or U.S.) seat in some foreign cars. :twocents:

ETA: Australia I believe has strict tether laws so there shouldn't be any issue there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ConnorsMommy

Have you shown your husband this video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmJr1a-BHU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Mistreating luggage[/ame]

There is no way I'd check my son's car seat and risk it being thrown like this guy throws the car seats/bags! We just hook his to a luggage cart with bungee cords and pull it through the airport that way. He rides in his as we pull it, but your kids (or at least the older one) could probably pull their own.

Eclipsepearl

My husband wasn't thrilled with the idea but once he saw me put it all together, car seat on the metal luggage cart with extra bungee, carry-on in the car seat, one small thing to pull, he was converted!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC