Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Shadow

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Ventura

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
U

Unregistered1

If I don't use my tech discount (it's looking like I can get the same price or better elsewhere) which should I get? I looooove the Flora, but I'm not sure if it might show dirt too easily, or if it's too girly for AJ and his father would balk at it... but I know there've been issues with the mesh ones so I'm not sure I want to wind up with one of those, unless they've made improvements...

What are your experiences? What do you like about yours? What do you not like? Oh, and vote :) If it matters, it's for a 14 month old boy.

eta link to the SKJP page on the XTSL, so you can see descriptions of the covers if you'd like :) http://www.skjp.com/en-US/product/97556/195XX/_/RadianXTSL®

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

The nearly 3 year old boys I have still fight over the flora radian if it's in the car :whistle: I don't think it's too girly at all. I've had mine for a little over a year now and have only washed the cover a handful of times. The big boys were rf until a couple weeks ago and would climb in dirty shoes and all, I found it wiped off really easily and washes well. I've had a ventura before and hated it because it wasn't soft and it seems like dirt hid in the little cotton like spaces.

jsta1005

What other seats do you have in the car? :whistle: I'm one of "those" who likes to match...

but my first vote not knowing anything would be Bentley!

urchin_grey

We've had the Flora for 7+ months now and have yet to wash it. :eek: But its fine, it doesn't even look dirty. I guess I probably should wash it just because its been so long, but I hate washing covers when I don't have a spare to switch out.

If I didn't have the Flora though, my second choice would be Bentley.

mamakc

I've had Bentley, Flora, and Ventura covers and my favorite was Bentley. It was sooooo soft and just the right color tan that it never looked dirty. The Flora was very nice too. The only thing I liked about my radians was the cover :)

leighi123

We have bently, flora and nitro. Ds likes flora best, and dirt wipes off it with baby wipes (we dont do shoes/food in the car, so that helps)

No issues with snagging on the nitro (again no velcro shoes though).

I think bently is ugly, got it because it matches my dad's car though and thats the only way I can keep a seat in there.

Kat_Momof3

Flora looks like a hawaiian shirt, not a girl/boy seat... I think it's neutral... BUT... since it's not your kid, I'd take parents (and I use that term loosely with AJ's parents considering everything) preferences into consideration.

I'd get nitro... it's gorgeous and red and I LOVED the red on Jeffrey's Monterey when we had it.

sunnymw

My kids have voted unanimously that they hate mesh. I plan on getting something else for BOTH seats at tax time, since my Bentley-like cover (the soft velour) gets soooo dang nasty looking after one ride :(

Cryssy Jane

MANDY1234 said:
I would wait from the polka dot one that was posted on the blog :eek:

Every time I call and ask they say it was just a random prototype and won't be coming to production. I really liked that one too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC