Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Anyone know about GMC tether anchor installs?

I will need to put 2 carseats in my GMC Yukon XL when we have a 3rd child. I only have 1 tether anchor. I need to call GMC and see what they charge, just wondering if they do it for free like Ford does? I hope so!
    TIA!
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Anyone know about GMC tether anchor installs?

What year is your Yukon XL?
    Kathleen
    Wife to Mr. Mike and Mom to:
    B - 16, C - 15, T - 15, A - 14, H - 12,
    L - 10, J - 8, A - 8, R - 20mo!!
    I am seat and cover shopping!! 😁

GM will do one for free. Service Bullitan number 99-09-40-004
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Fanatic

It is a 2001.
    Thank you Rebekah, I will call the dealership tomorrow.
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

YW. Write that number down - you'll probably need it. But if your 2001 already has some anchors from the factory you won't be able to get any additional ones.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Carseat Crazy

If they set the Yukon up like the vans, the middle row seats tether to the rear seatbelt anchors
    Kathleen

CPST Instructor

The GMC Yukon has 2 tether anchors on the 2nd row (center & both outboards for bench seat). If your 3rd row is the 50/50 split bench the tether anchor is right of center. It can be used by either the center or passenger outboard position (not both at the same time). If it is the bench style 3rd row then it's in the center only.

All TA's are squared metal brackets located at the base of the seat. For 2nd row bench seat. The TA's are located on the far driver side & directly on each side of the seat split.

In my Tahoe the TA's on the 2nd row are down in the little cut out in the floor at the back base of the seat.

But, Your vehicle has at least 3 if not 4 depending on your seat in the 2nd row.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Carseat Crazy

If only my van were that cool
    Kathleen

CPST Instructor

Opps I should say your 2nd row has 3 TA's if it is a bench seat. If it is caption chairs each chair will have TA's.

If you would like a picture of the TA's on the 2nd row let me know and I can take a picture of my 2nd row TA locations. My Tahoe is 2nd row caption chairs.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Our first anchor was free, second was like $75.
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

CPS Fanatic

I have the bench seat in both the 2nd and 3rd rows. I have 2 tether anchors for use in the 2nd row, FF carseats. There is 1 near the base of the drivers seat, for RF carseat in the 2nd row, the other is near the base of the passenger seat for FF. So if I had a RF carseat in the 3rd row, I would have 2 options to anchor it. There is one tether anchor for a FF carseat in the 3rd row, and the anchor is to the left, toward the drivers side, of the center. I know where all the current anchors are.
    My issue is needing another one to be able to install 2 FF carseats in the 3rd row. When we have another baby, we will be putting the baby in the 2nd row, middle seat, and that is currently where my 3yo FF in a MA is. I will be wanting to move him to the 3rd row, passenger side, and there is not a place to tether his seat. Currently my 5yo is in the 3rd row, drivers side in his Regent, and is using the only tether anchor.
    I haven't called GMC yet, but I will.