Anyone know about GMC tether anchor installs?

lovemyfamily

I will need to put 2 carseats in my GMC Yukon XL when we have a 3rd child. I only have 1 tether anchor. I need to call GMC and see what they charge, just wondering if they do it for free like Ford does? I hope so!
TIA!

ADS

skaterbabs

YW. Write that number down - you'll probably need it. But if your 2001 already has some anchors from the factory you won't be able to get any additional ones.:thumbsdown:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
The GMC Yukon has 2 tether anchors on the 2nd row (center & both outboards for bench seat). If your 3rd row is the 50/50 split bench the tether anchor is right of center. It can be used by either the center or passenger outboard position (not both at the same time). If it is the bench style 3rd row then it's in the center only.

All TA's are squared metal brackets located at the base of the seat. For 2nd row bench seat. The TA's are located on the far driver side & directly on each side of the seat split.

In my Tahoe the TA's on the 2nd row are down in the little cut out in the floor at the back base of the seat.

But, Your vehicle has at least 3 if not 4 depending on your seat in the 2nd row.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Opps I should say your 2nd row has 3 TA's if it is a bench seat. If it is caption chairs each chair will have TA's.

If you would like a picture of the TA's on the 2nd row let me know and I can take a picture of my 2nd row TA locations. My Tahoe is 2nd row caption chairs.

lovemyfamily

I have the bench seat in both the 2nd and 3rd rows. I have 2 tether anchors for use in the 2nd row, FF carseats. There is 1 near the base of the drivers seat, for RF carseat in the 2nd row, the other is near the base of the passenger seat for FF. So if I had a RF carseat in the 3rd row, I would have 2 options to anchor it. There is one tether anchor for a FF carseat in the 3rd row, and the anchor is to the left, toward the drivers side, of the center. I know where all the current anchors are.
My issue is needing another one to be able to install 2 FF carseats in the 3rd row. When we have another baby, we will be putting the baby in the 2nd row, middle seat, and that is currently where my 3yo FF in a MA is. I will be wanting to move him to the 3rd row, passenger side, and there is not a place to tether his seat. Currently my 5yo is in the 3rd row, drivers side in his Regent, and is using the only tether anchor.
I haven't called GMC yet, but I will.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC