Question Almost, but not sure, narrowed seats for Honda Fit and Odyssey

hobblyone

After way too much time on the computer and trips to BRU and BBB, I think we almost have our choices for our convertible car seats. We have a 2009 Honda Fit and a 2010 Odyssey. We only have one baby, cloth diapered 13 mo, 23lb, 29" to get a seat for each car. But we have a fat and tall mom and Granny to fit along w/ Hobbit dad and 11 yr old brother. In neither car is it an option to scoot the front seats up. We still want the Fit to be our running around even w/ Granny car b/c it gets twice the gas mileage in city than the Odyssey.

The Odyssey we are leaning toward the Evenflo Symphony 65. We had hoped to get a Radian and switch it later to the Fit FF, but we couldn't get it arranged RF in middle w/o losing space. Smart Seat didn't fit. We tried the basic True Fit, just placing it in seat not installing all the way, and front needed to be moved.

The Fit is hard to Fit rear facing. Width is also a big concern when trying to fit baby, bro, and Granny in the back. The seats angle at edge of seats. CA was too big front to back, despite reading it is smaller (might be doing something wrong). We got a Britax Boulevard CS that actually fit all the way to edge of seat w/ base not having gaps. Seemed solid. Also the front seat could be all the way back. All the way to the edge worked great in the "sardine test" w/ bro and Granny. Britax may be a winner.

Question: Would the Roundabout 50 or 55 work just as well for $100 cheaper than the Blvd? Would the 50 be a better choice than 55? Weight limits are higher on RA55, but the dimensions look smaller than RA50? I know the boulevard will last a little bit longer, but I'm not sure the difference in time is worth the $100 in price. I could see the Blvd being harder and harder to get ds in as he gets closer to the limits. So I was thinking about the roundabout now, then putting the money toward buying the next FF seat earlier. We'd need a narrow harness/booster so most likely looking at expensive Radian, Frontier, or ProSport. That $100 makes a dent in the next seat's cost.

Thanks for any opinions. We're looking forward to finally getting choices made!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Did you look at the CA65 for the Ody? The Symphony is just fine at what it does, but tends to be outgrown early in all modes. I would also look at the Evenflo Triumph 65 before the Symphony.

I would go with the RA55 over the 50. If you're planning on replacing with a dedicated FF only seat down the road, then the Roundabout looks to be something that will last as long as the Marathon, RFing. (I'm basing this on measurements, since I don't have tons of knowledge about these seats.) Someone else may come along and correct me, though. :)

Glad you found something to fit the Fit! LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC