KidsEmbrace Dora

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I found this while checking the system at work. Yep, Dora. No, haven't looked for pics yet.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Cool, I was actually loking for a girly one who I saw the Dale Earnhart and Spongebob.

Yeah, the idea is creepy but if you got an insistent 3 year old who wants that instead of the princess booster I say it is a step in a good direction. Afterall, how many backless boosters have prints appropriate for a 3 year old? Compare that to the harnessed seats. Harnessed seats are boring from a small child's point of view. Sure, parents should have the finally say but for those just looking to comply with law maybe a child's demands will push them in the right direction. If these had a lower price point it would be even better.

ETA: No I'm not planning on putting DD2 in one. I am hoping there is place to check them out in person, though.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
DH came up with a funny (to him) idea for these seats...he figures you could make the seats look like deceased relatives and so the child would always feel like they are sitting on the lap of the relative they miss....:rolleyes:

mommyfrog

Google search brought up nothing. I did however find pics from here, including one of my very own car seat collection!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Techno, sadly, I actually like that.
Well he will appreciate that you do. Since the last thread about these seats, he keeps asking me, "so did you post my idea yet, did you, did you?" :ROTFLMAO: I held off as long as I could until I couldn't take him asking anymore...

NannyMom

This thread is useless without pictures. But, I was glad there was no pic since Sofi walked in the room just as I opened the thread :whistle:

Phineasmama

LOL! Kinda freaky looking if you ask me. I wouldn't buy one for DD because she likes Princesses one day, Tinkerbell the next and Hello Kitty the next week :p

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Well he will appreciate that you do. Since the last thread about these seats, he keeps asking me, "so did you post my idea yet, did you, did you?" :ROTFLMAO: I held off as long as I could until I couldn't take him asking anymore...

He would appreciate my FIL. He has often said that when he dies he wants to be stuffed, so we can sit him in the corner of our living room and the kids can come sit on his lap and talk to him when they're feeling down.

BabyKaykes

This thread is useless without pictures. But, I was glad there was no pic since Sofi walked in the room just as I opened the thread :whistle:

Oh but THIS will let you keep your Britax all pretty! :rolleyes:
0009231707440_180X180.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you, Judi? I think I saw one of those MA Dora covers the other day and figured it must be a homemade ebay thing. Somehow...this is worse...

Leah's demanded the Spongebob one. I wonder if I'm doomed to own one? If it makes a decent booster I might, lol.

I'm imagining various grandparents being used as the model for this thing. Only one would have been thin enough to have enough lap for an older kid, though ;)

Kat_Momof3

from pics it does make a decent/good booster... and not every kid has a tall torso... so it'd be nice to have an inexpensive option similar to the nauti with more supportive headwings for those kids who don't need the super high harness slots. (aka... like say for a 4/5yr old who is using the 3rd slots in a Marathon that is expiring)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC