Which CSR requires 100%....

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
of the base to be on the vehicle seat?

We did a CPSI meeting this week for our upcoming classes. In the new updated curriculum that us CPSI got late last year it stated 1 CSR required 100% of the base on the vehicle seat but didn't state the manufacture or seat in question. I have not seen this in any of the CSR manuals I have read recently.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I know the Nautilus does, and I think the TurboBooster, too? It's not a requirement of Graco convertibles or infant seats.

If it matters, the SafeGuard Child Seat also requires it, but those are out of production now and were rare to find anyway (though there are some out there, unexpired).

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Nautilus is the first that comes to mind. Not sure if it is the only one, but since they only said one...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. Several of the Graco boosters, and the Graco FF only seats, and the SGCS. I want to say there's another booster and possibly one more seat... But I'm not sure. More than one seat, though, that's for sure.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
If anyone particularly wants to know for sure, I can check the Air. I've still got one (and the manual, of course), but it's in dh's car so I'd have to remember to check it when he gets home from church.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I looked the manual up online, and the Air allows no overhang. Picture of a seat with overhang and a red x, lol.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I looked the manual up online, and the Air allows no overhang. Picture of a seat with overhang and a red x, lol.

LOL I love the internets. Why bother walking out to the garage to get the manual when it's right here at your fingertips? :D

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
LOL I love the internets. Why bother walking out to the garage to get the manual when it's right here at your fingertips? :D

LOL. Figured I'd save you the trouble. Man, I'd forgotten how much the kiddos loved that seat. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC