IS it better to buy online?

cartuin

For those who buy online for carseats what are sites you would recommend. IS it worth the savings to go online when shipping is included? We haven't decided what type of car seat to buy yet but I was just curious

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Since we live just outside Calgary, we don't need to buy online. Everything I want is right here.

If I lived in a small town or in a city that did not have access to all the options, I would definitley buy online.

I do find it very difficult to find Canadian items (carseats, strollers, cribs) on a Canadian website... and even more difficult to find an online Canadian retailer that can beat the price of the same item in a store.

JaRylan

It can't hurt to look online but sadly there isn't usually much price difference. You might get a bit more selection online if you were looking for a particular pattern in a carseat.

BudgieStew

I'd love to know where shipping is included from an online retailer for say the Radian. I have said it before and will say it again.
I want/must have the blue cover and am willing to pay the extra 30.00 but not add on another 30.00 for shipping. Which is what TJ's said it was.

I live in a small town and yes I could have headed to Ottawa or Montreal and picked up my DD's Marathon and not had to pay shipping from YYZ.
But it was easier this way, no need to drag both kids in the car and listen to them scream or get MIL to babysit DS..waste time finding parking, freeze walking to store etc. We bought it in the winter.
Also bonus DH does not need to really know how much it costs..I put it on the CC and pay it..in the store he would notice.

Instead a courier delivered it while a winter storm raged. It was 338.00 shipped from the Safety Superstore.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd love to know where shipping is included from an online retailer for say the Radian. I have said it before and will say it again.
I want/must have the blue cover and am willing to pay the extra 30.00 but not add on another 30.00 for shipping. Which is what TJ's said it was.

The Safety Superstore has free shipping for over $100 pre-tax. The price of the Coastal Radian is $229. You don't pay PST either as residence of Ontario or out of province purchase. http://www.babyproofingplus.com/item6838.htm?catid=28&catname=Car Seats

BudgieStew

That is who is who I bought our Marathon from in November and the free shipping was on at the time BUT I had to pay 22.00 as its an oversize item:rolleyes: ...if you look at the fine print at the bottom it will tell you this.
I want true free shipping.:)
I knew about the tax exempt part and it technically doesn't look like it was charged but a little note at the bottom of the receipt says PST included in the price 23.78. :confused: Whatever this means.

Tj's and http://www.macklems.com/ quoted me around 30.00 so its still better but...

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That is who is who I bought our Marathon from in November and the free shipping was on at the time BUT I had to pay 22.00 as its an oversize item:rolleyes: ...if you look at the fine print at the bottom it will tell you this.
I want true free shipping.:)
I knew about the tax excempt part and it technically doesn't look like it was charged but a little note at the bottom of the receipt says PST included in the price 23.78. :confused: Whatever this means.

Hmmm, that's no good then. Did you manage to talk to the store? Another one that ships carseat out is Li'l Niblets in TO. They were the only one in Canada that carried the Britax carseats yrs ago and use to ship carseat everywhere in Canada. Might be worth a call. It's website is only for info and not for pricing or buying on-line. www.lilniblets.com

BudgieStew

Thanks I e-mailed them BUT I just called a local store that was selling them last fall but only in Grey at the time.
She said only Grey and Champagne right now but the Blue would be in stock next week or the week after.
She took my name and number and will call me back so I can reserv once tey arrive. Yeah Yeah Yeah.
Honestly I feel like calling back and giving our CC right now to reserve.
Doing a little jig.

So Blue Radian and no shipping. My DS will be so so happy. He is sad that his sister gets a fun car seat and his is boring.

BudgieStew

Just in case anyone needs to know.
Lil'niblets got back to me and they carry only the Radian Premier in both colors at 269.00 plus taxes. Shipping to me would have been 27.00.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC