Albee Baby DOM's?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I've been trying to reach someone at Albee Baby yesterday and today to find out the DOM's on a couple of seats. Do you know if the seats that are on sale are usually a really old DOM? I want to move my son to a combo seat but he doesn't HAVE to move to one yet (still has room in his convertibles), so I want to make sure I get as recent of a DOM as I can. What about BabyCatalog, any experience with them?

ADS

NannyMom

Albee Baby, it depends. For the Britax convertibles, they had really new DOMs, even on seats with discontinued covers. But I know they had (have?) Graco Safe Seat 1s that are no longer made, so they have older DOMs (and are priced accordingly). I bought an Apex from them for a friend, and it had an old DOM too. So I think it depends on the seat/ manufacturer.

singingpond

I've ordered a number of seats from Albees over the years, and DOMs have generally been good. As Nannymom said, I think it may depend on the manufacturer. The Britax seats I've gotten have all had recent DOMs. On the other hand, a Radian I bought at the beginning of 2007 was a bit older (maybe 6 months? I don't recall exactly), but I think that was because of supply and demand with that seat at the time.

Sometimes they clear out older seats, but my recollection is that in that case they will often put the information right in the item description (e.g. '2008 Marathon' or something like that), so you know up front that it's an older seat.

MamaBird06

I bought an apex 65 from them about 1 1/2 years ago and it was still good although it the DOM was set to expire sooner than I thought my ds would last past the harness phase, I actually need to go check it, but I am thinking it had 3 years before it set to expire, but not the full 5 most seats are new.

skitle1802

I bought a Graco Myride from them in Nov 2010. It had a Sept 2010 DOM, not too bad. It was as new as the ones Walmart and Target had in stock at the time and $30 cheaper (no tax or shipping too!)

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Thanks ladies. I'll try and call one more time tomorrow and see if I can get any info. I love the deals that you can get online, but I hate that I could possibly get a year old seat.

coleslawcat

I bought a Recaro Como in April of 09 and it had a DOM of Sept 07. I wasn't happy, but it was drastically marked down so I didn't complain.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I just got of the phone with them and found out the DOM's are pretty recent. The Frontier is from Nov/Dec 2010 and the Radian is from Oct 2010. Not too shabby for the price. Guess I'll be ordering some new seats today!

lovemybabies924

i called about my combi shuttle..they told me it was mid 2009 DOM..i got it and it was mid 2008...i was mad! but they wouldnt give me any sort of compensation

Rebelnicky04

In Sept. 2010 I bought a Marathon from them and it had an 09 DOM and was their regular price. I didn't really complain because it was still cheaper than buying it somewhere else online but I too have been bit my their DOMs :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC