I no longer covet my friend's Traverse

jess71903

Ambassador
When my BFF first got her 2010 Traverse, I was jealous! I loved it! Today, we tried to go together with 4 kids in it. It was a no-go and we ended up in my Explorer.

Our seats:
SR32
RF TFP
FF TF
Regent.

I thought at first that I'd just put my 2 in the 3rd row (RF TFP and FF TF) and let her keep her kids in the captains seats where they were. I could not wedge the RF TFP in the 3rd row at all, even with the middle row seat push all the way forward and sitting straight up. Then we thought we'd put the 2 FFers in the 3rd row. I realized AFTER we unbuckled the Regent that there was only 1 TT anchor and it was in the center. Her son is 60lbs, so must use a TT in the Regent, and with it center, the TF (or anything else) wasn't going next to it.

So, we moved to my Explorer, where the 2 FFers went in the 3rd row, both TT'd, and the RFers side by side in the 2nd row with the seat folded so we could get the boys in and out. I never imagined I would have an easier time in my car than hers!

ADS

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
How did you get seats RF in the third row of your explorer? I've only tried the radian and MR, but neither fit in mine.

jess71903

Ambassador
How did you get seats RF in the third row of your explorer? I've only tried the radian and MR, but neither fit in mine.

We didn't! The FFers were in the 3rd. They could go there because there are 2 TT anchors back there, but there is only 1 in the 3rd row of the Traverse, and that in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC