FF in MR or BLVD 65

zeo2ski

Since the TC videos and the subsequent redesign of the Britax convertibles, I didn't intend to use a pre-redesign Britax forward facing. Not much solid evidence to back that up, just for peace of mind I guess. I know the My Ride is also not the best choice for FFing. Right now, I need to temporarily put my 42 lb 4 yo FF in one of those two seats. It doesn't matter which but I could use some input. I *feel* better about the MR, but that doesn't really make sense. WWYD?

It'd be TT but relatively close to the seat in front of it. Not super super close, but like can't fit a SR22 back there.

ADS

henrietta

Well, I'm not as comfortable using our Britax Blvd and our FPSVD ff'ing as I was before the Transport Canada...but I have a Chrysler T&C (not a Dodge Caravan..but same manufacturer...and not a MA, but still same manufacturer). I try to avoid it w/my nearly 40 lb 5.5 yr old--he normally rides in a Regent in my car and an EFTA in Dad's. But my 2.5 yr old is in the FPSVD in a VW Passat and a Blvd 65 in my van, both forward facing. He only weighs 31 lbs though, so right now, I'm not worried. I probably won't keep him in the FPSVD too much longer--we'll give him the EFTA and buy ds1 a new seat. It's the combo of the weight (40+), older/bigger kiddo, the actual MA, and the specific vehicle that make me the most uncomfortable. Otherwise, I think I can get past it...I just think there's way too many MA's out there, forward facing, w/higher weight kiddos in them, that if they were failing miserably on a regular basis, we'd be hearing about it all the time. And that has never happened.

If I was really uncomfortable and bothered...I'd either use the MR...or spend $75 and go get a Maestro, which is what I'll do before we fly with the kids this year or next anyways (I am NOT trying to haul the Blvd or the EFTA thru an airport...I refuse...).

hths

henrietta

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I feel like the mad crazy recline of the MR would put the kid's head back further, so more head excursion room. But that's just my impression in my head, so may or may not be true, lol.

zeo2ski

Thanks, but nevermind because the ProRide that was "depleted stock" expecting the next shipment in 2-3 weeks CAME today(2 days after ordering)! With a DOM of 1-14-11:love: Plus my CCO came today, and DH picked up the CA last night so I'm all set, AND everything installs!!! Well, kinda. The ProRide has that shoulder belt problem outboard, but I can keep it center lap belt. And the 3 across works Carrie! I put the CCO outboard drivers side and had to use the locking clip thing, which added a bit of width so I was worried. Put the PS center, then took the CCO out and put it on the other side, RF both sides and it worked and I was able to slide the locking clip down and I took out the PS to check. I won't count it as an actual 3 across until I get the 2nd CCO and put them all in at once, but I now know it will work!

I can't use those 3rd row outboard seats until I get the retractors replaced though, so I now have 4yo center 3rd row in the PS, 2yo drivers side 2nd row RF CA (DH got him flutter), 8 mos old center 2nd row in CCO, and 16 mos old on the flip seat in the KF30 w/base which I can lean over to buckle 4yo in the back, then she'll have her BLVD for the permanent arrangement. And they all love their new seats.:thumbsup:

So the ProRide l/s belt problem...there's nothing I can do about it, right? The partially installing-then-rethreading won't work, and the only slot that's even potentially usable is the lowest setting--which is super cause that setting is right AT my 8 mos old's shoulders:rolleyes: So I guess I just hope he doesn't hit 52 lbs before being ready to booster?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC