Tike Tech X3 Sport Double

Dorothy

New-in-box, but not factory sealed. If I can get one for less than $200, is that good? D.com has them on sale for $350ish, so I think so. But I haven't reached the seller yet to ask what year it is. Does that matter? And I read there was a recall concerning the belly bars, so I will ask about that to.

ADS

Dorothy

Thanks! This is def the fixed-wheel version. I think I'll like it for fitness- hiking/walking in the fields and pastures around my house. The ground is very bumpy in places.

As you know, I had intended to get a swivel single all-terrain that could hike or go to town, but I think a double will actually be better for working out. And, if I can get one for less than $200, I can always hunt for a good deal on a nice umbrella-type single for those instances I don't need the BJCMicroD. Between those three strollers, I should have most situations covered.

Although, in my dreams I have a whole fleet of strollers, one for EVERY situation and mood. ;) So, if I found a great deal on a BJCE or BOB Rev... ;) ;)

PS- I measured DD's sitting height. From the floor to the top of her head she was already *at* the seat-canopy measurement of the Joovy Zoom. When I saw that the Tike Tech was 25" and maybe less $, I was sold. :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Cool! Didn't realize you had decided not to go for a more maneuverable one. This should be perfect for what you want. The one thing about my fixed wheel bob was that I could bounce up on anything;)

Dorothy

I got it for $185! :) So, I done good, then? It should be here next week. I can't wait!

Yeah, I realized that I should think about what I NEEDED (ruggedness) from this stroller moreso than what I WANTED (maneuverability) since I was trying to stick to a budget. I was *this close* to ordering a Zoom 360 single when I saw this double. Double + 5" more head room = a changed mind. ;)

Sorry for rambling. But, I do have one question: What's your fav umbrella that reclines (enough for a 1 yo to nap)?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

Jennifer mom to my 7

Dorothy

Albee has the Britax Blink on sale, too. How do you personally feel about that one? I ask as I saw it mentioned on a few threads I was reading last night.

ETA- Albee also has a clearance single Micro that I might not be able to pass up. :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Truthfully, I don't have much experience personally with umbrella strollers. The only ones I have owned are a graco mosaic, and a bebe confort loola (origional one). I just don't like umbrella handles.

My brother has macs that my mother bought him. They work great, and my extra tall niece can still squeeze in hers (she is over 48 inches tall at 4.5).

I hear the blink is pretty good. THere are also some new ones out. Of course, they would be close to full price.

Dorothy

I'm glad you said that about the handles, bc that is one of my concerns. I can push and turn my Micro dble one-handed with both kiddos in it, which is necessary when, say, dragging a shopping cart through the grocery store. I was thinking about an umbrella for the super-small fold. But, I just thought of something else- Would the Micro handle be taller than an umbrella? Bc I couldn't have one shorter for sure.

dragonmama

We have the blink, and like it a lot. It's a pretty tall stroller, so I don't think the handles would be too short for you. And it has a nice recline, and the leg part can go up, for naps. Not much in the way of basket, though.

3acorns4Christy

I have the city x3 double. And LOVE it. DH takes it running, locking the front wheel that thing doesn't budge locked. I take it walking. We also take it to the zoo, musuems, cities (as long as we don't need to take a trolley or bus), its been almost everywhere. The lighter blue, which I have its a lot lighter in person btw, does get dirty fast but its easily spot cleaned, I haven't been brave enough to wash it yet.

The seat backs are very tall, canopies are awesome, the bar we take off but it does fit most infant seats with the bar on, just not the KF30. It can fold down small if you lower both seats, then fold, take off all wheels. It's really compact that way. It fits in my trunk of my Galant.

What else, the recline is amazing, good airflow as you can take off the back canopy area and breeze goes right through. has tons of storage space. just don't pack underneath too full at the front as the mesh up there isn't tall and it will fall through or hang through to the wheel. But easily resolved by shoving things toward the back. Both seats have large pockets on the back side. Kids seats have a small pocket each but don't fit really anything other then small toys. But if they are like my kids they need that small toy with them, it helps because you know it won't get dropped and its still close to the kid.

ETA: The handle on it is very comfy, we both love it!
Another mom in my neighborhood has a double bob rev. swivel wheel, we compared at the park and even she liked my Tike Tech better for smoothness of ride.

Dorothy

It's here! Yeah! My very first jogging stroller! Bring on the cardio!

First impressions: It looks cool. The picture looked royal blue, but it is actually a dark, cornflower blue. Very pretty IMO. The sun canopies are aaawwwesooommmme! DD said she'd like to take a nap under it, and DS thought it was peek-a-boo. :) The storage basket is huge, and the pockets on each seat back close with a bungee. I like the the bar that sets the back wheel brakes. I wish the seats were a little deeper and more upright, but they do recline nearly flat. I won't know until I can take it out, but the handle seems just barely tall enough for me. I haven't been able to take it for a spin due to the weather. :( Although it fits (barely) through the doors in our house, I can't get much of a real impression driving the kids up and down the hall. I can't wait to take it out on the trail to really see how it really feels. I will say that the fact that it fits through the doors made me wish I had looked more for a swivel version, but, in all honesty, I can't see myself hauling this thing any place the BJCMicroD would suffice. It has a nice, simple fold, but its just so, well, bulky. Obviously, compared to the Micro, right? ;) Stay tuned for the test drive...

Dorothy

The sun finally came out, so I loaded the kids in, threw a blanket over their laps, and away we went. Although 50# of kid + 20# of stroller up hill on a bumpy trail isn't exactly a cake walk, I was so pleased with how rugged the stroller felt. The wheels really skimmed over the bumps, and it was easy to control going down hill. I'm going to have to get a feel for turning since I've never used a fixed-wheel stroller before, but I was very happy with our maiden voyage. The kids seemed to enjoy the ride. DD did ask at first if I could put her seat up more, but she settled in quietly once we got moving. DS was leaned back, chill as ice the whole time. :)

Thank you all so much for your help in finding a stroller! :)

Dorothy

Funny you should say that. I've never, ever been a runner. Not even back in my younger days when I was probably in the best shape of my life. But... I actually thought I could do it pushing this stroller. :) Guess it was all those endorphins. LOL

I told her the seat leaned back a little so she wouldn't bounce out when the road got bumpy. She said that's what the seat belt was for. ;-)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC