replace with ????

Jewels

Senior Community Member
So if you could replace a Radian and a Monterey what would you replace them with?

In the end I will need 1 booster and one harnessed seat (doesn't necessarily need to be a convertible rf/ff seat as she is ff).

Vehicle is a 2009 Pontiac Vibe and occasionally there will need to be 3 in the back.

I'm thinking I would like a Parkway. Just not sure if I should get a SG or the SGL and the other seat i'm not sure. I'm going to play around with a GN but i'm not super in love with it. I do like my Radian but not as much as I loved my MA. I have had an older Frontier but was not using it so got rid of it. Is it worth getting again?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Probably with a Radian and a Monterrey, LOL.

No, if you don't need it to RF, a Nautilus or Frontier.

I'd stick with the Monterey as a booster unless you don't like it or it doesn't work. In that case I'd need to know what the issue is, though.

Duh, sorry, didn't realize this was Canadian. You guys have those seats, though, right? Or no on the Frontier?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Probably with a Radian and a Monterrey, LOL.

No, if you don't need it to RF, a Nautilus or Frontier.

I'd stick with the Monterey as a booster unless you don't like it or it doesn't work. In that case I'd need to know what the issue is, though.

The Monterey is huge and makes it pretty hard to do 3 across so then the clek oto goes in. I find that the seatbelt keeps getting stuck and twisted in the belt guides keeping the belt from retracting properly which drives me nuts when the weather is -20 or colder.

What are the newer Frontier's like? Are they just as huge as when they first came out? As in front to back. I know the older Frontier didn't sit on our vehicle seat really well and hung over the edge a bit.

amyd

I'd get a Frontier XT & a Parkway SG (L if you want, I'm not convinced there's a safety difference one way or the other, personally). IIRC, the Frontier is permitted to overhang a bit; the Nautilus is not.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I'd get a Frontier XT & a Parkway SG (L if you want, I'm not convinced there's a safety difference one way or the other, personally). IIRC, the Frontier is permitted to overhang a bit; the Nautilus is not.
Thanks, you've been so helpful. I tell others what seats to get all the time and when I need them I freeze :eek:

So I tried out the GN and I like that it sits up a bit higher then the RN does. She has lots of room in it. I can't remember, will the frontier sit up as high as the GN?

LittlePeanut

I have a 2006 Vibe and I would say the RN is an awesome fit and easy install. The MR is not great an installs too angled FF without a lot of work. The MA and Scenera are both good both RF and FF. I'm not sure you can get an easy 3 across without at least 1 RN in the mix.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have a 2006 Vibe and I would say the RN is an awesome fit and easy install. The MR is not great an installs too angled FF without a lot of work. The MA and Scenera are both good both RF and FF. I'm not sure you can get an easy 3 across without at least 1 RN in the mix.

Yes, i've done many 3 across. There should be pictures in the 3 across thread. If I do Graco I would get the GN but i'm not sure I love it. Other then that I think my picks are the MA65 or the Frontier. I can't decide. My only issue with the RN is that she can't see out of the window but maybe I should just not even bother with that and go with a RN again.

LittlePeanut

But your 3 across (in your pics) all have a RN in the mix... That's what I was saying, yes 3 across is certainly doable in the Vibe but not necessarily easy to do without at least one Radian. I've also done several 3 across in the Vibe but 1 was always a RN and I've not tried with a booster in the mix.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
But your 3 across (in your pics) all have a RN in the mix... That's what I was saying, yes 3 across is certainly doable in the Vibe but not necessarily easy to do without at least one Radian. I've also done several 3 across in the Vibe but 1 was always a RN and I've not tried with a booster in the mix.

Yes, I do have RN's and I still will have one at home.
Have you ever done one with a Parkway, RN, Frontier or GN?

Lea_Ontario

I have to say that the Vibe is probably my personal favourite vehicle for installing ANY seat in !

For a 3-across though, I'd go with Radians and Parkways, just because they are narrow.

We don't have the Parkway SGL available, just the SG.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay, I have a hold down for MA65 in Allison and a cloudburst SGL.

I have to say that the Vibe is probably my personal favourite vehicle for installing ANY seat in !

For a 3-across though, I'd go with Radians and Parkways, just because they are narrow.

We don't have the Parkway SGL available, just the SG.

It isn't? I've seen them on dear born baby, baby proofingplus and e-children in Winnipeg told me they have them in stock and put one aside for me.

Lea_Ontario

It isn't? I've seen them on dear born baby, baby proofingplus and e-children in Winnipeg told me they have them in stock and put one aside for me.

NICE !! That's new then, I was checking into them just a few weeks back,, and they weren't available in Canada then - maybe it was a month now, not sure.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
NICE !! That's new then, I was checking into them just a few weeks back,, and they weren't available in Canada then - maybe it was a month now, not sure.

I had looked at them a little while ago and wondered when they would be here. Now I need one and they are here :D I will have it tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC