Silly, picky boys!

zeo2ski

I finally figured out what seats I need to get for 3 out of 4 children, and thought I'd let them pick their colors. Well. The baby gets a pink CCO--the boys don't know that yet. I need a Recaro ProSport for 4.5 yo DS so I showed him the choices and described the textures and he picked black. He liked blue for color, black for softness, and asked me to order black if I ended up ordering one (I did, but it's backordered anyway). So this morning I was showing my 2 yo his choices, and the 4 yo says,
"Mom, I'd really like a pink seat with flowers all over it."
"But honey I showed you the choices for your seat and they didn't have one that was pink with flowers."
"Well, I'd really like a pink seat. It'd be okay if it was all the way pink."

The 2 yo (almost 3) has insisted on blue all along, before seeing his choices. He loves blue, will only eat blue M&Ms. The only option I have to RF him is the CA, so I was thrilled to see a blue option. I pulled up the page with all the CA choices and he points to "flutter" and says that blue one. I enlarged it and showed him that it was purple flowers, and put up the blue one next to it. He doesn't want either, he wants "one that's all the waaayyy blue!"

So 4 yo says, "there was a blue one on the choices for my seat, do you want that one Sammy?" "Yeah."

Oh boy I can't wait til my girls are old enough to voice an opinion.:rolleyes:

ADS

amp

Boys are funny (I have 3)!
You have a suburban right? I'd like to know how the Recaro works out, if you're putting it in the 3rd row. I tried installing our YoungSport in my '01 and couldn't get it tight. I haven't noticed if Recaro changed the base style on the new seat. I'd love to get another one.

zeo2ski

Yeah they're gonna have to deal with it! I thought showing them a few choices would be simple... Looks like the CA will be flutter, cause they have that and "the black and grey one" at BRU.

Boys are funny (I have 3)!
You have a suburban right? I'd like to know how the Recaro works out, if you're putting it in the 3rd row. I tried installing our YoungSport in my '01 and couldn't get it tight. I haven't noticed if Recaro changed the base style on the new seat. I'd love to get another one.

Uh oh. Yes, I do have a suburban, but it's the old body style. It. BETTER. install. Hmmm. I know in mine the 3rd row belts are in the bight, and the new style they're forward of the bight, right? It won't be shipping for 2-3 weeks, but when I get it I'll let you know how it works anyway.

ETA: if I can't use it then DS can have a "moo moo" carseat like he really wants, or a pink flower nauti lol. Cause there'll be no hope of a 3 across!

Kat_Momof3

get them both black and gray and then put on appliques/patches to personalize them?

Then they can have all the pink/blue/whatever they want.

OR... (for the pink) you could order a separate cover and keep the black/gray as a spare.

zeo2ski

The pink lover is the one needing the ProSport--they only have black, blue, or gray, right? It's okay, they will just have to live with whatever they wind up with, I just didn't expect them to be soo picky!

My little numbers guy is going to be a good carseat nerd. He noticed to "RF to 40 and FF to 65" tag on the My Ride strap covers (see, that's an effective place to put that info!!!) a couple days ago, so today he was helping look at CAs on the computer and he asked if they FF too, and I said "yes to 65 lbs" and he said, "oh, just like the My Ride; rear face to 40 lbs and forward face to 65 lbs." :D

Kat_Momof3

that's why I said you could still order pink... thought you saw the thread on the new covers... I'd get the pink for when he wants pink (or in summer) and the black for when he wants soft (or in winter)

the blue lover may like the lavendar or some of the other patterns... I'd take him to the safety 1st site and show him all the varieties... because again, you can order the cover separate and have a backup. I loved having spare covers.

Which reminds me... Ruthie's vivo cover now has a small hole in it... don't know how... I'm probably gonna order her a red cover next year... and see if I can fix it... even if I can't... she's my only kid in a seat now... I have the right to splurge on an extra cover for her main ride... right?

zeo2ski

Absolutely, splurge away!

That pink is kinda ugly. I don't do brown...brown is the color of poop:p

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've been pleased with our blue.

I hope, hope that three-across works for you. The math works, just fingers crossed that the math is right!

I get you on the picky on covers, I hate when the kids decide they love something but it's not available on the seat that's best for them (or their seating position, ha ha.) Or, when you buy a seat and it becomes available two weeks later! LOLOL...

Kat_Momof3

Ruthie says brown is chocolate... but I agree, the shade Recaro chose is just... well... not something I'd want in my car (in regards to both the brown AND the pink)

Now the brown on her Evenflo Big Kid in her dad's car (which looks fine, despite his black interior)... I agree with her on... that's her chocolate girl seat (chocolate and pink flowers)

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I know exactly what you're dealing with! My 4.5yo son who has never given me any sass before decided to try it out yesterday while looking at seats. I had finally decided on the Frontier85 for him. We have a Buy Buy Baby with a descent selection; 4 different Frontier colors and they have the Prosport in stock as well (this was on my short list too). So when I ask him which color Frontier he wanted he proceeded to tell me that none of them are his favorite color and he won't ride in it unless it is his favorite color. So I'm just going to have to find one or he's going to take something away that I really like. :) His favorite color is yellow by the way. Have you seen any yellow seats around lately!? We left the store. I think I have him convinced on getting the Maui blue one.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
I saw that! But do we know anything about it or have any idea when it will be out? I sold the Radian for $140 to put towards the new seat. He can sit in either a BLVD or MyRide for the time being. The harness is a good 1 - 1.5in above his shoulders in both seats. I was just ready to get something that he could climb into easier. But if I hear good things about harness height and how it works as a booster, I think we might just have to wait for it.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Boo :thumbsdown: After looking at it on the Kid-n-Cribs website the cover is actually green and black. Oh well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC