Graco smartseat

M

Mrs.Lee

Okay, I walked into BRU yesterday, and saw they had the smartseat, in larkin. I looked at it...and walked away. I had two cranky kids and no time to play:( I called my partner in crime later (you know, that person who can always justify you buying the 5th carseat and tenth stroller?) And we concluded that bru has a very good return policy,and I ran backout and grabbed it!
I have only put ds in it as dd is A-potty training and B-cranky. Here are acouple pics in my livingroom. I really do like the seat for ds. He is (just )10mo old and 18lbs,29inches tall.
006.jpg

011.jpg
Mom! are we done YET?!:p

Last edited:
ADS

andre149

So what's the verdict, are you going to keep it? ;) It looks like they changed the crotch buckle around a little, is it any easier to get undone than the MR or SR/Safeseat buckles? Adorable pictures :)

3acorns4Christy

oooh those pics are great.

Your son is close to my DD's size so that makes it very easy to see how it would fit her. That might be the new seat coming to our house for our truck, not sure which child it would be used for but its on my short list.

sherimoneill

I'm so glad to see this! My Babies R Us is getting them in tomorrow and I was planning to go try my DD in one. She is about the same size as your DS. Have you installed it in your car yet? If so, how did it fit. How did he like the recline? Did the headrest seem to bother him? Sorry if I asked too many questions!

M

Mrs.Lee

Okay, let me try to get everyone:D

I purchased mine at the altamonte bru, BUT I went to the colonial last night and my buddy, matt that works there showed me the floor set up they were doing today with both Larken and Jessica!
The new crotch buckle is AWESOME! The head wings don't bother him at all! The only weird thing is the shoulder pad/covers are big and thick?! The recline is great, he enjoys it. I do like the seat alot...we will see if I keep it lol. Oh, the install is easy, and secure, with the lapbelt, just like the sr32/35 with the lock off!

Here's the partner in crime over here :whistle:

We really wanted to try it in my car in either the BRU or Target parking lot last night but um yeah...it was too cold for the babies and a diaper blowout, barf and meltdown later we weren't in the mood to play with it....time to take children home :rolleyes:

I like it, I got to check it out and I am impressed. It is made nicely, I'll have more to say when I really get to play with it sometime this weekend hopefully! I'm very interested to see how it goes in the Bug! I like the fabric but yeah, it looks like it's going to leave bad water marks and snag very easily. It's the same as the Platinum fabric on the Quattro Tour Sport. Very soft though...

Only thing so far that I really don't like is the harness pads...they are sucky and I wanted to take them off. They have big thick foam blocks in them. I'm not understanding the reason yet but I guess there is one...

M

Mrs.Lee

Here's the partner in crime over here :whistle:

We really wanted to try it in my car in either the BRU or Target parking lot last night but um yeah...it was too cold for the babies and a diaper blowout, barf and meltdown later we weren't in the mood to play with it....time to take children home :rolleyes:

I like it, I got to check it out and I am impressed. It is made nicely, I'll have more to say when I really get to play with it sometime this weekend hopefully! I'm very interested to see how it goes in the Bug! I like the fabric but yeah, it looks like it's going to leave bad water marks and snag very easily. It's the same as the Platinum fabric on the Quattro Tour Sport. Very soft though...

Only thing so far that I really don't like is the harness pads...they are sucky and I wanted to take them off. They have big thick foam blocks in them. I'm not understanding the reason yet but I guess there is one...

I will be home all weekend:D come play, I am sure everyone wants pictures of the beast in the bug, and my neighbors can look at us like we're crazy...as usual!

Hehe I am for sure coming during the day sometime this weekend when it's sunny and warm.

Your neighbors think we're completely insane beyond any doubt! Just be happy- at least they know there's two of us! before they just stared at YOU!... lol, Liam smiling in the pink seat in a bug being photographed while Sophie happily plays with car seat buckles in a diaper in the driveway :whistle: who us? never.

Oh- and I have more pics from last night :whistle:

kaleigh71

Hmmmmm. If both stores have them, which is closer to the Disney complex? I am meeting with a friend who is camping at Fort Wilderness on Sunday and I might just head to Orlando a little early...I may have a *need* for a seat like this! ;)

Hmmmmm. If both stores have them, which is closer to the Disney complex? I am meeting with a friend who is camping at Fort Wilderness on Sunday and I might just head to Orlando a little early...I may have a *need* for a seat like this! ;)

Ok...there is a store 10 minutes down Osceola Parkway that is um, yeah- an hour closer probably and a pleasant little quick drive, no traffic at all!

I can help you get there if you need more help and you'r going to drive directly past my house too (I'll wave) lol... Do you know the road that dead ends into the Animal Kingdom Lodge? If you follow Osceola Parkway straight out of Disney (away from AKL) you'll run right into a huge outdoor mall called The Loop. There's a nice relatively new BRU on the left right after you go through the one and only toll plaza. I'm pretty certain you won't miss it but if you hit John Young Parkway, look back and to your left :whistle:

If you're coming on your way, I believe it's exit 65 off I-4 and that will spit you out right at Gaylord Palms hotel on Osceola Parkway- go left- (away frm Disney).

I should think they already have the seat, I haven't checked but if not- it will be any minute. They are a full sized store.

livsmum

My little guy will be 6 months next week. He's 21.5 pounds and 27.5 inches. I'm thinking of this seat. He's currently in a Keyfit 30 but it's getting so heavy to carry now. I will miss the convenience of it though.

kaleigh71

Ok...there is a store 10 minutes down Osceola Parkway that is um, yeah- an hour closer probably and a pleasant little quick drive, no traffic at all!

I can help you get there if you need more help and you'r going to drive directly past my house too (I'll wave) lol... Do you know the road that dead ends into the Animal Kingdom Lodge? If you follow Osceola Parkway straight out of Disney (away from AKL) you'll run right into a huge outdoor mall called The Loop. There's a nice relatively new BRU on the left right after you go through the one and only toll plaza. I'm pretty certain you won't miss it but if you hit John Young Parkway, look back and to your left :whistle:

If you're coming on your way, I believe it's exit 65 off I-4 and that will spit you out right at Gaylord Palms hotel on Osceola Parkway- go left- (away frm Disney).

I should think they already have the seat, I haven't checked but if not- it will be any minute. They are a full sized store.

Sorry for hijacking, ya'll. Thanks Taylor!

I always end up at Gaylord Palms going in, but I usually take the Greenway (417)? (the toll road). Not sure how the heck I end up getting out, 'cause I seem to end up going another way that puts me right on the toll road. I always just follow the signs for OIA. I'll mapquest it because I don't trust my GPS since the maps need updating. Anything even remotely new won't show up.

M

Mrs.Lee

Anyone know if TRU are going to get them?

I am not sure if TRU is going to or not...Tay, do you know? The cover is pretty easy to get off and on...Sophia pee'd in the seat today. I think she did it outof spite;) She might need one in Jessica to even out the cool seat ratio:love:

Sorry for hijacking, ya'll. Thanks Taylor!

I always end up at Gaylord Palms going in, but I usually take the Greenway (417)? (the toll road). Not sure how the heck I end up getting out, 'cause I seem to end up going another way that puts me right on the toll road. I always just follow the signs for OIA. I'll mapquest it because I don't trust my GPS since the maps need updating. Anything even remotely new won't show up.

It's ok, you have my permission to hijack Caitlin's thread :whistle:

If you know how to get to Gaylord, you're good. Absolutely no need to Mapquest etc. Go straight on that road away from Disney until you hit the one and only toll plaza- after you go through it- BRU is on the left. It's 10 minutes from Gaylord or the Osceola Parkway exit off 417.

If you decide to map it just search for the intersection of John Young Parkway and Osceola Parkway. The Loop is on that corner.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC