Question Question about buckle on CA

momtoo3

Sorry if this is not posted in the right place, feel free to move it!

Does anyone know if it is okay to turn the crotch buckle a half turn so that the button to release it is facing the child? My 2 yr old is RF in my van and figured out how to release it today:eek: I love the seat and he has so much growing room but this can't happen. I was an hour away from home when he first did it and I pulled over and fixed it and as soon as I was out of that parking lot he did it again. I turned it a half turn and drove home but didn't feel good about doing it. I could have turned him FF to be able to stop him but I felt worse about doing that. I don't know what to do. I just bought the seat last month to replace a replacment EFTA from Evenflo that I couldn't open the chest clip on.

ADS

momtoo3

I called Dorel and the guy I spoke to said it was fine to turn it a half turn as long as I could still release it easily. So glad I don't have to buy another seat for DS3 right now. I just bought this one in December. I really hope this guy was correct though, he seemed clueless.

sunnymw

HOnestly I would have been asking what was wrong with my buckle. I'm pretty strong, and so is DH, and neither of us can manage most Dorel buckles without a lot of cursing and complaining :whistle:

If you really think he was clueless, I'd call back and see if you get the same answer again. And make sure it's about the crotch buckle ON the seat, not the female buckle stalk of the CAR. :)

Kat_Momof3

I don't see what damage it would do to pull out the crotch strap and install it backwards... I don't think crash forces would cause it to open.

But I'd love to see some tech opinions

momtoo3

I don't see what damage it would do to pull out the crotch strap and install it backwards... I don't think crash forces would cause it to open.

But I'd love to see some tech opinions

Oh, wow. I didn't even think about removing it and reinstalling it backwards. Just twisting it. I am used to the nonremovable buckles in my EFTA. Thanks!

Kat_Momof3

I assumed that was what you were gonna do... lol.

I think it would at least be preferable to twisting, just because then you don't have to think about it as much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC