What vehicle can do lots of boosters??

diaperjoys

Our kids are close in age, and very, very soon all three older boys will be in high back boosters. We'll also have at least one car pool passenger (also in a booster), and our toddler.

We're needing to replace a vehicle soon, and I can't think of anything other than a 12 passenger van that would allow everyone to be correctly seated! A sprinter is something I drool over but could probably not happen.

Any other ideas???

ADS

zeo2ski

Suburban

HBBs in both outboards seats 3rd row.
HBB outboard drivers side 2nd row, toddler center (something that allows the flip seat to operate)
and HBB on the flip seat for the carpool child, so you can remove it when you don't have that child, but when it's in you can still slide the seat forward for the 3rd row kiddos to get in and out.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I could do that in my Pilot. I often have three boosters across the second row, although one of them is a very narrow discontinued booster -- but I can get a backless in that spot, too. (Monterey/FPSVB/anything or Monterey/Literider/anything.) As long as you put a booster on the passenger outboard spot, it's not too terribly inconvenient to flip the seat -- I've been doing that since I put the ProSport behind.

You could also put the RFing child in the second row center, with boosters outboard and two in the third row. There are lap-shoulder belts (and headrests) in all positions so that makes it really flexible. Also, the third row is sized such that kids will five-step early (I have one who five-stepped at 8y3m, when I bought the Pilot,) so that would make life easier with your kids in terms of being able to put a third bottom in the back if you need to, sans booster.

I think there are lots of other options, too, but as long as you don't find it too much of a pain to move the booster to fold the seat (which sounds like cake to me after what I do on a daily basis, lol!) it's definitely a viable one.

ETA: Caveat, 3rd row passenger will only fit certain seats. Nautilus as a booster will not fit. Monterey is ok, as well as a few backlesses, you would just have to be picky about what you put there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC