Monterey vs Strada (pics)

ntrenary

OK, let me see if I can figure out how to do this. Measurments might be a little off. I couldn't find my good measuring tape.

Lowest belt guide on Strada 14". Lowest belt guide on Monterey 15". When side wings are all the way in the Strada measures 13" wide and the Monterey is 13 1/2".
craigslist004.jpg

headrest in lowest position wings all the way out. wings expand to 15" wide on both Strada and Monterey.
craigslist006.jpg

seat depth. 14.5 Strada, 13" Monterey.
craigslist005.jpg

Highest belt guide. Strada 20", Monterey 21 1/2".
craigslist007.jpg

back to back
craigslist009.jpg

back of seats. Strada cover zips off, monterey has plastic pins.
craigslist008.jpg

3.6 year old w/ 14" torso, in strada (only for pics, he does not ride in this seat)
craigslist011.jpg

3.6 year old in Monterey (again, only for pics)
craigslist010.jpg

ADS

luckyclov

How does the Strada feel construction-wise? Nice and solid like the Monterey? I've yet to play with one in person. I'm not sure how I feel about the headwings, either...they just look so...bare.

gigi

The Strata looks like it might puzzle better with those lower arm rests, and I really like that it gets wider in the shoulder area, but those headwings DO look very spare.

ntrenary

How does the Strada feel construction-wise? Nice and solid like the Monterey? I've yet to play with one in person. I'm not sure how I feel about the headwings, either...they just look so...bare.

It's not as heavy (12lbs compared to 15), but it still feels solid. The nice thing about it is, the high back clicks into the base so it doesn't fall apart when you pick it up like the Turbo and Monterey.

ntrenary

The Strata looks like it might puzzle better with those lower arm rests, and I really like that it gets wider in the shoulder area, but those headwings DO look very spare.

The closed armrests are kind of a pain because it's hard to slide the seatbelt into them after it's buckled. My 8yr old son has a really hard time buckling himself because of the closed armrests.

thanks for the pics my DD2 would loooove those jammies,

what a cutie!

Thanks!
It was PJ day at preschool today. All the kids loved his jammies.:)

mommyfrog

My 7.5 year old just said "Mom, that kid is going to kill himself. He's too tiny for those seats." LOL!!! I assured him he doesn't really ride in them.

Kat_Momof3

It's not as heavy (12lbs compared to 15), but it still feels solid. The nice thing about it is, the high back clicks into the base so it doesn't fall apart when you pick it up like the Turbo and Monterey.

Sounds like the Evenflo Big Kid... the back adjusts the same way in height.

I like a lot of it... just wish it had deeper, more supportive headwings, and it would be cool if (because neither of these seats look great for narrow shoulders) if the belt guides (like the combi kobuk does/did) could be adjusted in and out from the neck area.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC