If you had a Carseat from Canada

ADS

Mom2nj

Funny :rolleyes:

Really what is the difference. If you used it like they have to in Canada, tethered. Not that I have one, or am thinking of getting one. Just something I was wondering. If you moved here from Canada, why would you get new seats...

skaterbabs

I would use the Canadian CarGo to the Canadian limit, I would NOT use the US CarGo to the Canadian limits. There are differences in the two seats besides the tether requirement- apparently they cannot make it pass US testing at the Canadian limit even with the tether. At least, that's what the Graco engineers told me.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We bought a US MazdaSpeed3 in January and brought it back home to Canada. My Canadian Marathon and my Canadian Radian are both installed in the US car and will be used to Canadian limits.

So, Yes, I would use a Canadian seat in a US car to the Canadian limits and vice versa... a US seat in a Canadian car to the US limits. I would NOT recommend anyone else doing this... everyone needs to make their own parental decisions.

I would NOT use a US Graco Cargo to the Canadian limits as I, too, have been told there are other differences than just the tether... but a Canadian Cargo to Canadian limits in a US car, yes.

canadianmom2three

For the reverse of the question - I'm planning to use a Canadian seat to the US limit. I have a Canadian Radian, but after repeated assurances from more than one person at SKJP that they are identical product, just labelled differently, I was planning to use it past 48lbs, and hoping that TC will up the limit really soon. I have already switched it over from LATCH to belt and tether, as SK said that would be their only concern with the Canadian use of the seat beyond 48lbs.... Not to be nosey, Jen, but do know something different that makes you want to use your canadian radian only to the Canadian limit?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
For the reverse of the question - I'm planning to use a Canadian seat to the US limit. I have a Canadian Radian, but after repeated assurances from more than one person at SKJP that they are identical product, just labelled differently, I was planning to use it past 48lbs, and hoping that TC will up the limit really soon. I have already switched it over from LATCH to belt and tether, as SK said that would be their only concern with the Canadian use of the seat beyond 48lbs.... Not to be nosey, Jen, but do know something different that makes you want to use your canadian radian only to the Canadian limit?

Nope, nothing different... Aiden has approximately 2" of torso growth left in his Radian and only weighs 35lbs:eek: I don't need to worry about him using it past 48lbs as he will outgrow it by height way before he hits 48lbs. That being said, if he was over 48lbs, I would use it to the US limits because I have also been told numerous times it is the exact same seat as the US and once the weight limits are increased, all Radians will be increased to 65lbs RETROACTIVELY... so obviously the same seat;)

I purposely did not say that I would use it to the US limit because I don't want posters/lurkers thinking I would use any US seat to the Canadian limit... the CarGo's are not the same in Canada and the US and I did not want to confuse anyone.

I have been told the Marathon and the Radian are identical to their US counterparts. Those are the only seats I would feel comfortable using to US limits. I would NOT feel comfortable using any US combo seat to it's Canadian counterparts limits.

Hope that clears it up a little for you... or did I confuse you more? Sometimes (all the time?) I go on forever...:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC