Pics needed

mommy-medic

I need some pics for use in a speech I have to give. By posting a reply you are giving me permission to use your pics in public, so blur faces where desired.

I have to give a speech in my communications class, so what better topic than child safety seats. It can only be 3-5 minutes long, so that isn't much time, but I want to cover the basics on:

Infant seats- need pics of correct useage (preferrably a newborn with rolled towels, etc.) and incorrect useage- harness loose, aftermarket items, snowsuit, seat too big, etc. Would prefer to have one pic that illustrates several "correct" and one pic that illustrates several "mistakes". Would like a pic of one who has outgrown the 1" of hard shell as well.

RFing convertable- again a pic of correct use and a pic of misuse.

Possibly a pic of a 1 and 20 FFing in a huge seat (that is still *legal*, so no 1 and 20's in a frontier).

ERFing- preferrable older children confortably riding RFing, though I do have pics of my own almost 4 year old RFing to use as well.

Booster- proper fit vs. improper fit. Possibly a 30 pounder in a too-big booster illustrating improper fit.

Correct seatbelt fit on an older child- 10-12 year old?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to allow me to use your pics.

ADS

christineka

Looking through my photbucket.

Here's a kid in a booster with no head support.
elbb.jpg

A too young kid in a booster. (he was 3 and 30 pounds at the time of the picture.)
bvivo.jpg

Age 5 and 30 pound kid in a backless
kcosco.jpg

Jennifer mom to my 7

Don't know if this will work for you. He was 20 days shy of his 1st bday (so you know, close enough) ~23 pounds and 31 inches. I think he was at the bottom slot of the nautilus, might have needed the second to actually ride in it.

IMG_8279_16.jpg

Same day, comfortable in his rear facing seat.

IMG_8272_11.jpg

Or you could use this one. He was 1 year old, I think second slots. But not in the car.

IMG_8421_2.jpg

Oh, I have this one, also. 20 months old.

IMG_4027_18.jpg

and rear facing

IMG_4035_2.jpg

and for fun, close up:)

IMG_4025_17.jpg

IMG_4032_19.jpg

Her last day rear facing at 2 (33 pound limit).

IMG_7174_3.jpg

Forward facing (see her feet).

IMG_7711_3.jpg

monica-m

CPST Instructor
2010-10-29%2012.46.52.jpg

You have my permission to use the picture as you please. I can rig DS' outgrown bucket FF for a massive misuse picture if you want.

tarabelle

I have more pics at home

ERF 18 months

40748075.jpg

Misuse - puffy coat, Newborn 5lbs 11oz 17.75"

100_0191.jpg

ERF - 3yo and RF 2 week old
e50d70ae-1.jpg

RF 2 week w/ washcloth at crotch

16e3af74.jpg

andre149

I need to get better pictures :) Here are some if you want them though.

RF XTSL at 2.5 years old, 37lb
pegseat2.jpg

RF MA at 2y, 30lb (33lb limit seat)

084.jpg

083.jpg

TyAndCheyMommy

Ok- just some random pics that may be of use to you.
DD in infant bucket (was not ever used in car) but clearly outgrown. She was 17 months.
100_2426.jpg

DS and his hatred for the seat cover.
100_0825.jpg

Not properly buckled.
000_0025.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

None of these were while car was in motion- or even how they were used... but just odd circumstances where they were not correct.

icnee

this is a 30lb 18mo in the booster (couldnt keep him from unbuckling)

and the one of just one RFing in the XTSL is a 30 3.5 yo and the one of all three is a 4.5 yo 3yo and 18mo. use what ever you like.

babygirlsmom1005

5 years old comfortably Rear Facing :D (and her 18-19 month old brother RF'ing as well in the background in a pink seat LOL)

150218_179950612018977_100000121171112_738496_6868975_n.jpg

65456_166714340009271_100000121171112_642574_2028249_n.jpg

Marshall - 4 hours old

IMG_4824.jpg

leighi123

You can use my pics for whatever you want:

Taken recently:
ds in a very expired (I think its 20yrs old) seat, 3pt harness that even at 3.5 the crotch is too far away! He is 5lbs over the weight limit and just at the height limit.

DSC05352.jpg

5months ish
Aftermarket head thing and heavy plastic toy - seat given to me free from craigslist... :(

carseat.jpg

7-8months, same seat, installed correctly with the seatbelt only (used seat is the only issue in this pic)
carseat.jpg

Over reclined radian, ds was a pound lighter than his current stats in this pic. Other than the recline issue, its in tight/straps right etc. Hand weights on the floor are projectiles (they dont live in the car, ds was just playing with them when I was trying to get his seat in, this is when it was new)

DSC02888.jpg

Outboard, proper angle:
DSC04087.jpg

8months, cant remember his weight here but he was 16lbs on his 1st bday, so less than that. correct use (no headrest)
DSCF0259.jpg

2.5ish in this pic, correctly use
DSC02661.jpg

Too small for booster, current stats.
DSC02722.jpg

Proper use, shows how he has a lot of room (24ish lbs, and 34" here)
DSC02886.jpg

15months, still to small for the lowest slots on the roundabout (this seat was expired at the time too, it was a playroom seat we used as a chair!)

video: http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/leighi123/baby/June 2010/?action=view&current=MOV04108.mp4

expiredseat.jpg

Pic in my siggy is very recent, you can use that too.

Thats all I can find right now.

I'd love to hear how your speech goes! Im taking speech right now as well and was also thinking of doing a carseat related one (either for the 'informative' or 'persuasive' speech)

TiaxMarie

Can't keep track of what you already have, but I have a 5 month old, and a 3 year old and a variety of seats if you need some more pictures.

We have A classic Marathon, True Fit, Radian XTSL, Keyfit 30, Coccoro, and a Comfortsport.

5 month old is 15lbs, and 3 year old is 33lbs.

Let me know if you need any other pics.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC