Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

toddler/booster seat

my husband has family coming down in June and they need a carseat for both their kids. one is 5 (maybe 6) and the other is 2(or 3) anyways so i was thinking i would get a 3 in 1 seat that the older kid could use and then afterwards keep it for myself as an extra carseat and then a booster down the road since lilly will be in her MA for awhile. what seat should i get. i swear all the good seats are in the usa. we don't have seats that harness past 48 lbs even though they are the same seats as usa. i am keeping lilly in her MA until 65 lbs. (apparently they are trying to change the laws in regards to harnessing longer) anyways... lol any recommendations. thank you>

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Re: toddler/booster seat

You'll need to post their weights, heights, and torso (seated) heights before anyone can hazard a guess. Chances are that the 5-6 year old might not fit in any harnessed seat available, and may be in a backless booster at home they can just bring along and you'll only have to worry about a seat for the 2-3 year old.. in which case a combination you can use later might work great.. But again, we'd need to know how big they are.

-N.