Random PM's...Are they spammers?

jackieeng

I just received this pm, which makes me suspicious...Sorry to Abigail if you're for real...It was followed by a link, which I did not include just in case it's a virus...

"Hello,
I'm new here and I just wanted to say "hi"
Take care.
---
abigail"

Is this normal? Does it sound like a spammer thing to do?

ADS

kangato2roos

I got it too. Since I'm not even close to a regular poster, I just assumed it was spam and deleted it. Shoot, I'm such a lurker, I don't think anybody would PM me with a "just wanted to say hi".

groovymom2000

Sounds like a virus spammer....I haven't gotten any, though. Best advice is to NOT open links from people you don't know---kind of like having safe sex. ;)

Niea

I got the same PM. I didn't respond. . just thought it was odd. It didn't seem like spam necessarily because there aren't ads or links to anything. But still. . strange.

Leila

She's definitely a spammer. I've received the same PM from her on three different forums. One was here, the other two were digital scrapping forums. The link is "safe" in that there are no viruses or anything installed on your computer, several people on the other sites clicked the link to see what it was.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If anyone gets a PM from this user that was sent (not received) within the last couple days, please let me know.

chelle80

I got the same message on 4/25/07.

ETA: mine had a link in it, but since i found it very odd i did not click on it.

Last edited:

Loves2sing

I got one, too, but there wasn't any link posted on it. I wrote her back, but I haven't heard anything since. Guess I'm naive. I though Abigail was just nice. lol

Momto1bigkiddo

I got the same message from the same person on 4-25-07 at 2:22am.

I tried to reply to the person to say hi and welcome :eek: (before reading this thread obviously, lol) and I got a message that popped up on my screen saying something like, "This user has PMs blocked or is not approved to recieve PMs" or something similar.

Amaris

I got one on the 24th too. I didn't click on the link but I've still got the pm sitting there......I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to delete it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC